NEW/OLD Stan Tracey release soon!!

jazzscot

• 2 months later...

The Return of Captain Adventure

The Stan Tracey Quartet

The original Steam recording from 1975 is now out on a double CD with 7 extra tracks.

The whole gig is now available on www.tentotenrecords.com

Secure overseas payments accepted through Paypal.

Just £15 + p+p to anywhere!

Edited by tentoten

"Nice" to see he got banned after posting twice about this! I'm behind the fact there should be no spamm on Organissimo but to ban him/her is a big too much imo. A discussion would be appropriate. I really like www.clown.com. I already ordered some for next weekend!!!!

Edited by Bluerein

Stan- Piano

Art Theman - Saxes

Dave Green - Bass

Bryan Spring - Drums

Great band! Art Themen is a player to check out, definitely. He's been one of the most interesting horn players in the country since the 60s, IMHO.

And he's a brain surgeon by day, which is pretty cool. :cool:

He's actually an orthopaedic surgeon. But he's a b****y good tenor player too!

"Nice" to see he got banned after posting twice about this! I'm behind the fact there should be no spamm on Organissimo but to ban him/her is a bit too much imo. A discussion would be appropriate. I really like www.clown.com. I already ordered some for next weekend!!!!

Tracey Use3D

too bad, but maybe old tentoten forgot that he needs to post a few dozen times or at least open up a little bit of discussion within the intial post to confuse spamalizer.

you better watch yerself or this guy might be making animal balloons for ya. ;)

John_Wayne_Gacy.jpg

Stan- Piano

Art Theman - Saxes

Dave Green - Bass

Bryan Spring - Drums

Great band! Art Themen is a player to check out, definitely. He's been one of the most interesting horn players in the country since the 60s, IMHO.

And he's a brain surgeon by day, which is pretty cool. :cool:

He's actually an orthopaedic surgeon. But he's a b****y good tenor player too!

Same difference ;) , although on reflection, maybe brain surgeon sounds cooler! :)

[Thanks for the correction, BTW - I had no idea]

Yeah, I didn't see the point in banning the bro since it was something a number of us would want to buy!

Thanks for this response. Now reinstated, I welcome any comments, questions or suggestions about my record company and what Stan Tracey fans might want reissued in the future. Opening this discussion on another forum resulted in the reissue of Captain Adventure this week. My next one will be Alice In Jazzland, his big band recording from the late Sixties, originally remastered for Blue Note International but left in a vault until now. I have many other masters of Stan's and would like to hear from other members what would be top of their list.

Thanks to the brothers for un-banning me.

Yeah, I didn't see the point in banning the bro since it was something a number of us would want to buy!

My next one will be Alice In Jazzland, his big band recording from the late Sixties, originally remastered for Blue Note International but left in a vault until now.

Can you say more about this? It sounds promising indeed.

"Quote" [i have many other masters of Stan's and would like to hear from other members what would be top of their list.]

The sextet recording of the "THE CROMPTON SUITE" and also a quartet recording that features these

tracks: TEMPO DE TROUT/ CACKLE STREET/ HONEY HILL/ GOLDEN GREEN/ ARCADIA. I would like

to replace my old crackling LP's.

Alice in Jazzland was recorded in March 1966 on Columbia in London. The personnel is as follows:

Trumpets: Kenny Baker, Eddie Blair, Ian Hamer, Les Condon.

Trombones: Keith Christie, Chris Smith, Wally Smith.

Alto Saxes: Alan Branscombe, Ronnie Baker (doubling clarinet).

Tenor Saxes: Ronnie Scott, Bobby Wellins.

Baritone Sax: Harry Klein.

Piano: Stan Tracey.

Double Bass: Jeff Clyne.

Drums: Ronnie Stephenson.

Tubby Hayes replaces Bobby Wellins on 'Summer Hallucinations' and 'Murdering the Time'.

Kenny Wheeler replaces Eddie Blair on 'Murdering the Time'.

'Summer Hallucinations' features saxes and rhythm only.

'Pig and Pepper' features Stan Tracey, Ronnie Scott, Jeff Clyne and Ronnie Stephenson.

This was intended to be reissued on Blue Note's European catalogue, along with Milkwood, TNT/Sonatinas and Portraits Plus, but never went out. I'm very happy to confirm that tentoten records will be reissuing this along with other significant albums by Stan.

South East Assignment and the Crompton Suite have been noted! Crompton seems quite popular...

The Salisbury Suite and Bracknell connection will also come out as a double CD at some juncture with bonus tracks.

Akanalog - I hope you enjoy the music. I apologise for the delay - the CD was held up 2 weeks at the factory. Yours, along with many others, was sent as soon as they arrived - then we have the British Postal service.... mm!