Signed Photos For Sale

sheldonm

Just in time for Christmas!!! I have a handful of original photographic prints, matted and signed by the musicians that I am selling for charity. The proceeds from each print will go to Mr. Holland's Opus and the Jazz Emergency Relief Fund.

The prints are 5x7, matted to 14x17 and signed by the photographer and the musician. The cost, including shipping to any US household is $75.00.

The images I currently have are:

Edited by sheldonm

up -- great photos, great charities! :cool:

Where was the photo of Grimes/Anderson taken? I'm still astounded by the great shots you get, and without a flash -- yes? The b&w images are my favorites.

Uncle Skid: Thanks for the kind words!!! The image of Grimes/Anderson was made (no flash) at the Velvet Lounge during a benefit show to help fund the move to a "new" Velvet. As most of you know, the wrecking ball will soon be falling upon the Velvet and the neighborhood rebuilds/expands.

I was talking with Henry Grimes and drummer Avreeayl Ra a while back and they told me that someone broke into the new Velvet and stripped the place of the new copper wire that had just been put in place....pretty damn sad!!!

In any event, I sold a handful of prints that night and gave Fred close to $600.00 towards the new place....not much but he needs all he can get to get the place up and running!

Thanks again!!!

Mark

I would like to add that when that picture of Grimes and Anderson was taken, they were in the middle of what was perhaps the greatest live performance of improvised music I've ever heard. It was jaw dropping, really. When they finished, the crowd went absolutely bezerk and gave them like 5 minute standing ovation. It was a magical moment.

I would like to add that when that picture of Grimes and Anderson was taken, they were in the middle of what was perhaps the greatest live performance of improvised music I've ever heard. It was jaw dropping, really. When they finished, the crowd went absolutely bezerk and gave them like 5 minute standing ovation. It was a magical moment.

Sal....does this mean you want to buy a print???? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Up....with one addition.

Fred Anderson w/ Henry Grimes! Signed by Grimes....can have it signed by Fred as well.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

This print has been signed by Fred Anderson and Henry Grimes!!!

Mark,

Being a B&W print, did you get the signatures in silver? I have a few B&W's signed in silver and they look phenomenal.

Kevin

Up....with one addition.

Fred Anderson w/ Henry Grimes! Signed by Grimes....can have it signed by Fred as well.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

This print has been signed by Fred Anderson and Henry Grimes!!!

Mark,

Being a B&W print, did you get the signatures in silver? I have a few B&W's signed in silver and they look phenomenal.

Kevin

Kevin,

The prints are in acid free, white mats; they are signed on the mat with a thin line black marker. I know what you mean about the silver on b/w prints, very cool looking!!!

m~

I received my package (Sco photo, naturally :P) from Mark today, and I wanted to share how beautiful the print is, as well as the matting and signatures (both artists, Sco & Mark).

A tip of the hat to Mark for doing such a good thing with the charities that he is involving. :tup