Who has the loveliest avatar?

jazzbo

I must respectfully and quite modestly nominate my own Edie Adams. Certainly one of the most stylish avatars! (I had to upgrade from Jughead.)

I'll second that. Edie Adams in one of the hundreds of great scenes from 'The Apartment' :wub:

It is great... I just watched it again at a surprise birthday party for my best friend. Did anybody besides Basie ever do a jazz version of the theme?

If the still is from Fellini's '8 1/2', the girl must be Claudia Cardinale.

Failed to recognize her right away :mellow: but this has got to be CLAUDIA!

Yes.

I tracked it down to her also. For some reason it didn't click; maybe because she annoyed me so much in The Pink Panther I placed a mental block on her. As for 8 1/2, the pre-Vatican-II popery drew me in, one Eddra Gale kept me there, and that left little room for Claudia.

If the still is from Fellini's '8 1/2', the girl must be Claudia Cardinale.

Failed to recognize her right away :mellow: but this has got to be CLAUDIA!

wh...????? :o

words fail! brownie does not instantly recognize la Cardinale? World gone wrong???

cc0.jpg

8Claudia2.jpg

"8 1/2" is one of ubu's most loved films, so it's pretty easy for me to agree with Lon, to get back on topic! :wub:

... As for 8 1/2, the pre-Vatican-II popery drew me in, one Eddra Gale kept me there ...

sure you must've liked *that*? :crazy:

wh...????? :o

words fail! brownie does not instantly recognize la Cardinale? World gone wrong???

Should really be going back to see 'Otto e Mezzo'.

I did not remember Claudia looking so etheral in the film!

She still looks very good these days.

Well yes, etheral (ethereal?) is not what I would call her usually... and YES! you should run to see Otto e Mezzo again! I catch it whenever it's being shown in a theatre here! Have seen it at least 4 or 5 times in recent years! The final scene (with that *great* Nino Rota march) alone is worth seeing it again and again!

And Anouk Aimée, too!

8Luisa.jpg

And Saraghina... :crazy:

8Saraghina.jpg

I'm partial... I love this film so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm partial... I love this film so much!

solaris.jpg

And the movie you chose as your signature pic (Solaris) is one of my favourites, together with Tarkovski's best (IMHO) movie "Stalker".

stalker.jpg

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/dir.../tarkovsky.html

I think I agree on "Stalker" - liked "Serkalo" without really understanding it, and liked "Andrej Rubilow" and "Ivan's Childhood" a lot, too, but both are different (the later one almost "normal", the former kind of a "genre" film, but of course going beyond the scope of any actual genre...). Have seen "Stalker" three or rather even four times over the last few years, and will not see it for several years now - fearing it may bore me...