online image of Tyrone Washington's BN album???

As most of you know, it's called "Natural Essence".

Thanks!!! :)

=========

PS: That reminds me - remember that incredibly LONG thread on the BNBB, with links to literally 100 cool BN album covers, dozens of which I had never seen before. I used to eagerly check that thread out at work (where there was a ton of bandwidth), just to see what cool covers were "new" to me each day.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Thanks, but don't go to to any extra trouble or anything. (It's not like I really need it for anything.) Just thought it might be nice to have, so I could include it in various posts, since it's such a great album, and not everyone knows about it.

(I've got the TOCJ, so it's not a matter of me not having the cover at all - physically speaking.)

Meanwhile, here's one from eBay, although there's no telling how long the image site will continue hosting it...

i-1.JPG

Thanks Saint!!

Hey, here's another Tyrone album cover you don't see everyday...

tyrone.JPG

And I sure hope to hear the "Trainwreck" some day too...

T Y R O N E  W A S H I N G T O N

© 1968 Blue Note (unissued)

MUSICIANS

---------

Tyrone Washington: Tenor Saxophone

Herbie Hancock: Piano

Herbie Lewis: Bass

Jack DeJohnette: Drums

TITLES

------

1. Untitled (medium tempo)

2. Untitled (3/4)

3. Rene

4. T

5. Untitled (9/4)

Recorded August 16, 1968, Englewood Cliffs

I really like Tyrone. He had that soulful Blue Note groove going and also the language of Sanders and Trane and Ayler and Ornette going . . . he integrated it very well to my ears, especially on "Natural Essence." Maybe we'll see this as an RVG one day in the next few years?

I don't ever expect to see the "Trainwreck" until Michael Cuscuna steps down from heading the BN reissue program. THAT I don't expect to happen this decade. . . or maybe next.

I don't think we'll ever see "Natural Essence" as an RVG. Not a chance in hell.

If we do ever see it in the U.S., it'd have to be as a Conn. But, given Tyrone's obscurity, and the fact that the market is partially stururated from the TOCJ release, I suspect it would be a very low priority to release in the U.S., unfortunately.