Fats Sadi Combo

baryshnikov

That's a nice disc, but not the Vogue session licensed by Blue Note - I don't know what the Blue Note 10" looked like

It had a rather interesting Reid Miles cover :

post-1586-1195216426.jpg

Never on CD to my knowledge .

Edit to replace broken image link

Edited by Chas

I happen to like that Reid Miles cover :) and would love to get a copy of that release.

It is displayed in the book 'Jazz Albums Covers, The Rare and the Beautiful' by Manek Daver. The book has a section which has good reproductions of all the covers of the Blue Note 10" LPs Modern Jazz series.

The photos on the cover of the Original French Vogue issue are uncredited.

Guest akanalog

how is the george gruntz day in tunisia or something one that was also released in this new MPS mini lp series?

i picked up the nathan davis and like it a lot. billy brooks and jimmy woode are a great rhythm section i think.

how is the george gruntz day in tunisia or something one that was also released in this new MPS mini lp series?

It's the meeting of Gruntz' jazz band (including excellent hornmen Don Cherry and Sahib Shihab, the latter

on soprano throughout) with a handful of Tunisian musicians. They mesh well - if you have a liking for jazz with oriental sounds, go for it - one of the best of the genre, IMHO.