Anthony Wilson - Savivity

Jim Alfredson

Has anyone heard this yet? I didn't even know he had a new one out with the trio. I really like the last one, "Our Gang", featuring Joe Baggs on the organ. The record label website hasn't even been updated to reflect this new release. I read about it on Pete Fallico's Doodlin' Lounge.

Anyway, looks tasty:

Anthony Wilson Trio - Savivity

I have not heard it yet, but I did a very favorable review somewhere. I also enjoyed the previous trio recording and will be picking this one up eventually.

I'm assuming you meant that you read a very favorable review somewhere, since how can you review it if you haven't heard it? (Although maybe that explains some reviews I've read! :))

I assume y'all mean the guitar player and son of Gerald Wilson. I wish I could contribute more than the scant bit that follows, but anyway: Every once in a great while when I have the car radio on something unusual or special cuts through the noise outside or in my head and perks my ears up. I can't remember the title of the piece but it was Anthony Wilson featured with a big band and I remember that it was his date---and that's it. Don't know if Dad wrote the piece, probably not. But the combination of the interaction between Wilson and the band---the writing, and his soloing---was electric and exciting. I seem to remember him trading with the sections at one point and his ideas were so consistent with what they had played right before that his parts might have been written. But it seemed spontaneous, like he was just soloing and flowing, and just one of those magical times where everything comes together.

Or my memory could be completely out to lunch......

If anyone thinks they know what this was or even would hazard a guess based on such admittedly lousy information please write something or PM me. I really would love to hear this again.

Thanks.

Haven't heard Savivity yet. Would like to. I'm also a fan of Our Gang.

Jim, wondered if you've heard 3'Osity - a Denver B-3 trio with Pat Bianchi.

on my way home from work this evening i heard a cut from their new recording. it was a very nice version of hendrix's and the wind cries mary. also featured on this cd are covers of una mas and mccoy tyner's inception. i'll definately be looking for this one.

on my way home from work this evening i heard a cut from their new recording. it was a very nice version of hendrix's and the wind cries mary. also featured on this cd are covers of una mas and mccoy tyner's inception. i'll definately be looking for this one.

Like Jim said....nice stuff. Bianchi's a good player.