So, when are you going to get the J.J. Johnson Mosaic set?

The J.J. Johnson Mosaic Poll  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dropped my 122 bucks on this set. The Johnson set is my 1st formal purchase from Mosaic, I had purchased a Byrd/Adams set through eBay last year. That is about the extent of my Mosaic collection so far. Hope that I will enjoy it as much as you guys!

Edited by trane_fanatic

Just dropped my 122 bucks on this set. The Johnson set is my 1st formal purchase from Mosaic, I had purchased a Byrd/Adams set through eBay last year. That is about the extent of my Mosaic collection so far. Hope that I will enjoy it as much as you guys!

You will enjoy your Johnson. It will bring you much pleasure. I can't keep my hands off mine.:)

First post!

Ordered my JJ Johnson set yesterday, it shipped today. Decided that while I was at it I would also get the Elvin Jones set. Won't my wife be surprised when my buddy the UPS guy drops these two sets off. Two weeks ago he dropped off the Oliver Nelson and the Jazz Crusaders set and not much was said. I'll post the number of my set when it arrives to get a feeling for what "running low" really means. Looking forward to more Mosaic sets to sit and listen in the evenings after the kids go to bed.

Martin

First post!

Ordered my JJ Johnson set yesterday, it shipped today. Decided that while I was at it I would also get the Elvin Jones set. Won't my wife be surprised when my buddy the UPS guy drops these two sets off. Two weeks ago he dropped off the Oliver Nelson and the Jazz Crusaders set and not much was said. I'll post the number of my set when it arrives to get a feeling for what "running low" really means. Looking forward to more Mosaic sets to sit and listen in the evenings after the kids go to bed.

Martin

OK, the Mosaic site says JJ Johnson is listed as last chance. Got my set today and it is number 4860 out of 7500. Don't know if they ship in numerical order or not, but if they don't you either have a lot of margin left or they have a time limitation for the set.

Martin

Actually, it was determined that they do ship the big boxes in numerical order. It's the Selects that aren't shipped in numerical order (and in fact won't be numbered at all with the newest Selects).

Like most of the recently OOP Mosaic sets, it sounds like the J.J. Johnson set is timing out without reaching it's full potential run of 7500 copies, and Mosaic is merely selling off whatever they have left from the last production run.

I think it was determined that they don't ship the sets in numerical order.

I'm with Free on this. I think it has been determined that they don't necessarily ship the big boxes in numerical order.

First pressing would be about 2000 sets and these will use the first couple thousand numbers, shipped in random order. Repressings would probably be done 500 at a time and the booklets/numbers continue randomly within that group. Under most circumstances this explains it.

It's been a while since I bought one of the big sets, the last being the Sam Rivers. But every one I've ever bought, and I own a lot of them, had the set number written in by hand. My assumption was that they wrote it in just before they sent it to you, which would mean that they are shipped in numerical order.

My assumption was that they wrote it in just before they sent it to you, which would mean that they are shipped in numerical order.

You know what happens when you "assume", don't you? ;)

Umm... yeah.

But in this case what other logical explanation is there?

My assumption was that they wrote it in just before they sent it to you, which would mean that they are shipped in numerical order.

You know what happens when you "assume", don't you? ;)

Umm... yeah.

But in this case what other logical explanation is there?

That they have 500 or 2000 boxes and a few cases of beer and some of those magic markers that smell really good down at the warehouse. Hey, that's a party in CT!

Hi guys!Thanks for bringing this set up. I had just told myself to back off from The larger Mosaics since my last (Nelson) got caught in Swedish customs :angry:

I'll kill you guys if it is not as good as you say :rmad:

/Shaft

Hi guys!Thanks for bringing this set up. I had just told myself to back off from The larger Mosaics since my last (Nelson) got caught in Swedish customs :angry:

I'll kill you guys if it is not as good as you say :rmad:

/Shaft

No risk whatsoever. Safe purchase Shaft. :tup One of my favourite Mosaic sets!

I think it was determined that they don't ship the sets in numerical order.

I'm with Free on this. I think it has been determined that they don't necessarily ship the big boxes in numerical order.

Care to place a bet on that? :rolleyes:

(And FWIW, a definitive anwer to this question was obtained from Mosaic and posted in this forum some time ago. :w )