Artwork for CD-Rs

Head Man

My software is really simple. A pencil and a little notebook.

I used to fret and concern myself about nice covers but have now adopted a less burdensome mindset. :D

Must be nice to have handwriting that doesn't suck. The version I'm running didn't come with that feature, and I've never bothered with any of the upgrades I'm afraid. ^_^

I used to fret and concern myself about nice covers but have now adopted a less burdensome mindset. :D

Must be nice to have handwriting that doesn't suck. The version I'm running didn't come with that feature, and I've never bothered with any of the upgrades I'm afraid. ^_^

It probably does suck but I can read it. The problem I have is my wife cleans up and the notebook goes missing for days on end. :unsure:

It probably does suck but I can read it. The problem I have is my wife cleans up and the notebook goes missing for days on end. :unsure:

Perhaps its time to upgrade her? Just a suggestion, I hear there are nice new models available...

Edited by Tony Pusey

• 1 month later...

There are a number of tools that you can use. If you wanna get hard core, you can use programs like Photoshop and Illustrator to design all your graphics and lettering. But I recommend a very nice program (it has it limitations –but works for the average Joe) for creating graphic covers, called Discus by Magic Mouse Productions . I have been using the program for years. I have three versions and there is a fourth version coming soon with more graphic features. Check out the web site for details. I do have to say this, the last version (3) can be unstable for some reason. It locks up and freezes at times. The other previous versions don’t. The newest version (4) is supposed to address this issue. But it is a nice program and you can import all your graphics used for building covers. It’s very basic and intuitive to use. Check it out.

LightScribe drives are quite inexpensive now--they burn a label onto the reverse side of the CD or DVD, so you can create your label on you computer (with images, if you wish) and include very readable small-point text.

I have a LaCie LightScribe drive and it works beautifully. You do need to use LightScribe blanks, but the extra money you pay for them is well worth it. I use Verbatim and pay $19 for 30.