Looking for some advice

I totally agree with the shipping details. I should have fixed that earlier. I believe I have it worked out now

The way the site flows right now, I think is fine. Considering I dont have a whole lot of product in there. If there seems to be a block in that flow or anything else. Please bring it to my attentioin. I will be adding more items every day. The chances of me messing something up are pretty good.

Thanks everyone for the help so far! :crazy:

Tom, is that you? :)

well i thought you were european because you didn't seem to have a totally solid grip on spelling and grammar and syntax, etc etc.

however now that we have established that you are a red blooded american-you might want to you know, check spelling and grammar and stuff like that because you want people to look at you as a business and give you money and everything so you have to establish your credibility and dignity and stuff.

i'm not trying to dog your spelling and whatnot-

just you know, i see you are trying to be "professional" so..

i mean if i buy discs from a guy on the org board, for instance-if it takes them a few weeks to get there, it's fine. because it is just some guy or gal trying to make some cash.

but if i bought these discs from an amazon or ebay seller, i would be pissed. because this person was presenting themself as more "professional". at least, IMO.

I agree with you re grammar and spelling, but shouldn't that be "themselves"? (them = plural)

I'd agree with you, although Oxford University Press usage - a barometer for many academics here in the UK - has recently changed to allow 'they'/'them' as gender neutral singulars...

Amazing, and they added "themself" as a nice and popular way to refer to "this person", I guess. Moreso, they were probably not using any capital letters either. Oxford University Press: go and eat earwax!

:D

I totally agree with the shipping details. I should have fixed that earlier. I believe I have it worked out now

The way the site flows right now, I think is fine. Considering I dont have a whole lot of product in there. If there seems to be a block in that flow or anything else. Please bring it to my attentioin. I will be adding more items every day. The chances of me messing something up are pretty good.

Thanks everyone for the help so far! :crazy:

Tom, is that you? :)

HI Chuck,

Yes it's me. Jumping head first into this thing called retail. :bad: l Thank god I'm still working the wholesale thing on the side. I sent you an e-mail a few days ago. Did you ever get it?

Tom

I had all the BB King Crown sides loaded up into a cart but when I did the math I concluded that because of other possible commitments it might put me in a tight spot with my credit card limit so I emptied the cart. Man that hurt but I felt I had to do it.

Like others have suggested make your site as user friendly as possible and that should help.

I'll offer up a comment - not specific to your site, but possibly relevant anyway. It has to do with the way I shop. I tend to go to a site, start throwing stuff into the cart until I think I've seen everything of interest, then look at the cart and make some sort of determination whether the bundle of stuff is worth the total cash outlay. The key here is that I don't do an item-by-item evaluation, since I don't know what tax and shipping will be (on an unfamiliar site). I may whittle the cart contents a bit to see what happens to shipping and to total-value equation, but, in the end, I wind up abandoning lots of carts.

This isn't really a reflection on the individual site and its offerings. It's just my way of shopping on the 'net. Obviously, this doesn't work in stores - need to re-shelve all that stuff. But it's a 'net shopping luxury.

I'll offer up a comment - not specific to your site, but possibly relevant anyway. It has to do with the way I shop. I tend to go to a site, start throwing stuff into the cart until I think I've seen everything of interest, then look at the cart and make some sort of determination whether the bundle of stuff is worth the total cash outlay. The key here is that I don't do an item-by-item evaluation, since I don't know what tax and shipping will be (on an unfamiliar site). I may whittle the cart contents a bit to see what happens to shipping and to total-value equation, but, in the end, I wind up abandoning lots of carts.

This isn't really a reflection on the individual site and its offerings. It's just my way of shopping on the 'net. Obviously, this doesn't work in stores - need to re-shelve all that stuff. But it's a 'net shopping luxury.

I pretty much do it that way too. One can easily print the contents of one's shopping cart that way -- and then sleep on the list a bit. I usually mull over my Dusty Groove purchases for 4 or 5 days, often taking print-outs of shopping carts and spending a little time looking for on-line audio samples of the stuff I've found there, before really deciding to pull the trigger.

Also, much as we all laugh about Dusty's "madlib" product descriptions, I will say that they are often really useful (as long as you know how to read between the lines). They sure do hype stuff at Dusty, but at least they do it in a way that is more useful than not. Good product descriptions, often with comparisions to other artists - is often a very helpful thing.

JazzMusic,

Did a quick walkthrough and have a few suggestions. Add in something about your shipping rates & methods to the Service and/or Policies sections located upper right (personally, I'd give folks a media mail or First Class option). I'd also offer folks the opportunity to go back into their order and add an additional item once they've submitted it (within a reasonable period of time, that is). A hundred times over I've clicked 'Submit Order' ---- and then, 3 hours later, smacked myself in the head for forgetting CD 'X'. I tend to haunt those sites that allow me to zip right back into the order and add in the extra item or two............................................................or eight. :cool:

(personally, I'd give folks a media mail or First Class option).

Amen to that.

If an eBay seller only does USPS "priority shipping" -- especially if I'm only interested in buying one or two CD's from them -- then I almost NEVER bid on items with high shipping charges (and "priority" is usually $2 more than media mail). That's often a deal-breaker for me.

Same thing for most on-line retailers. I hate paying more for shipping than I have to.

Dusty Groove is really good about having a media-mail option. :tup

Edited by Rooster_Ties

well i thought you were european because you didn't seem to have a totally solid grip on spelling and grammar and syntax, etc etc.

however now that we have established that you are a red blooded american-you might want to you know, check spelling and grammar and stuff like that because you want people to look at you as a business and give you money and everything so you have to establish your credibility and dignity and stuff.

http://ejazzlines.com/

this is a link to an online store i have used and that i would use again.

why did i use them?

well i was able to find some hard to find items there and i like how the guy categorizes his stuff.

maybe it would be helpful to at least see how other people model it?

Does ejazzlines backorder stuff? I prefer a store to let me know if the item is in stock or will be backordered. Nothing is more irritating than to wait for an item I ordered only to discover 6-8 weeks later that they cannot get it. Jemeel Moondoc's "Tri-P-Let" is listed on ejazzlines with a projected shipping time of 5-7 days. It is out of print at Eremite, so my guess is that you could order it but would only be informed later that they could not fill your order. Also, ejazzlines has the "list price" for Moondoc's "Fire in the Valley" as $17.90 and their online sale price as $17.08. You can buy it right from Eremite for $13.00. Based on these two observations, it would be unlikely that I would use the vendor. I hate feeling like I'm being gouged.

Kevin

i'm not trying to dog your spelling and whatnot-

just you know, i see you are trying to be "professional" so..

i mean if i buy discs from a guy on the org board, for instance-if it takes them a few weeks to get there, it's fine. because it is just some guy or gal trying to make some cash.

but if i bought these discs from an amazon or ebay seller, i would be pissed. because this person was presenting themself as more "professional". at least, IMO.

I agree with you re grammar and spelling, but shouldn't that be "themselves"? (them = plural)

I'd agree with you, although Oxford University Press usage - a barometer for many academics here in the UK - has recently changed to allow 'they'/'them' as gender neutral singulars...

The singular "they" can be found throughout Jane Austen's writing. I used the third person plural as gender neutral singulars in my dissertation (completed in 2001). There were not many formal guides on it back then. I believe I located a MLA manual that noted it but Turabian had nothing as far as I can recall.

I'm the guy who will write and re-write my posts, post them and then go right to the edit button cuz I'm sure I can express myself more clearly or more concisely.

Me too!

:P

I never do that because of the fact that I can make clearerer posts the first time that which I post rather than reposting prior to the post seen by you, the public. And I never make mitsakes.