A new Concord release to avoid....

Shawn

April 11, 2006

MICHAEL BOLTON COMES OUT SWINGING WITH SET OF SINATRA CLASSICS

International superstar Michael Bolton has taken on another extraordinary challenge with Bolton Swings Sinatra (slated for release May 23 from PASSION MUSIC CO./Concord Records). The collection finds him singing classics like “New York, New York,” “Night and Day,” “My Funny Valentine,” “Fly Me to the Moon,” “Girl From Ipanema” and “That’s Life,” and bringing in special guest Nicollette Sheridan for a duet on “The Second Time Around.”

Bolton Swings Sinatra is being released jointly by the singer’s PASSION MUSIC CO. and Concord Records on May 23, 2006.

HHHEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!

I think they left out some punctuation on the title:

MICHAEL BOLTON COMES OUT; SWINGING WITH SET OF SINATRA CLASSICS

:g

I see nothing wrong with Concord releasing decidedly commercial material. In fact, I hope they sell heaps of the stuff, as long as it enables them to continue issuing jazz.

To fear because this is the company that owns the Prestige catalog is, IMO, silly (sorry, Brad). Prestige itself issued albums that had nothing to do with jazz, as do most labels.

Stop the presses! I agree with Chris about something. :D

The Concord Music Group now operates many labels. Concord is an adult pop label, while Concord Jazz handles the sort of music we might be interested in.

As long as Concord Jazz puts out good stuff like the new Karrin Allyson Footprints, I won't care if Concord sells lots of pop that doesn't appeal to me.

I'm a lot more disturbed by Concord's decision to reissue the same jazz recordings for the umpteenth time than by the Bolton release. Alas, all the stuff left in the Fantasy vault is going to remain there for a looooooong time.

Guy

Note, I said "new" releases. That said, Fantasy's previous strategy wasn't all that successful financially, so we'll see.