yesterday was duke's birthday

alocispepraluger102

No shame here either. If it was the birthday of a dead guy who I didn't think about every damn day of my my life (literally) and I needed a "special commeroration" to assuage my guilty conscience, then yeah, I'd feel guilty. But Duke, man, that cat is in there, if you know what I mean. EVERY day is "Ellington Day" in my life in some form or fashion, and not just when it comes to music.

I'm not much for commemoration by commemoration. I am into commemoration by actualization, and if there's anybody who's actualized themself more into my core being than Ellington, they're going to be on a very short list.

No shame here either. If it was the birthday of a dead guy who I didn't think about every damn day of my my life (literally) and I needed a "special commeroration" to assuage my guilty conscience, then yeah, I'd feel guilty. But Duke, man, that cat is in there, if you know what I mean. EVERY day is "Ellington Day" in my life in some form or fashion, and not just when it comes to music.

I'm not much for commemoration by commemoration. I am into commemoration by actualization, and if there's anybody who's actualized themself more into my core being than Ellington, they're going to be on a very short list.

what a beautiful expression of love!