EBAY ESNIPE

Until now I use Auctionstealer, its Priority Service allow a bid 3 seconds before the end of auction, and I was pretty satisfied until now, I pay them for the Priority Service but I think I spared some money on auctions, so it's a convenient sniper. Lately I won some items whose price was raised by last second bid. Do you know if there are more efficient snipers, I mean 'last second sniper', or you can place a bid in the last second only if you are a Billy The Kid of the keyboard?

Edited by porcy62

I've always used the free service (like 3 bids per week, or was it 5 per month?) from Auctionstealer. I don't bid on all that much, but if I did - I'd probably pony up and pay for their services.

(I've only used their server-based service, and never bothered with the tool/wigit you can download and have run from your own PC.)

Hey, three seconds is quick enough. If you're still losing auctions, it's not the timing, it's the amount you're bidding. It's not like you could see a bid with three seconds left and still have time to top it. Less time is not going to help you, Porcy; if you want the item, you'll just have to bid higher.

Thanks for the answears.

Moose, if my maximum bid is lower than the previous maximum bid of the highest bidder, the auction outcome would be that my bid simply raise the winning cost, but I loose anyway, if I outbid the previous highest bidder in the last three second, and I am outbidded by another bidder, means he bid in the last two seconds.

BeBop, most of the jazz auctions end in the middle of the my night because most of the sellers are from US and I live in EU, and I can't follow auction during my working time, so sniping is necessary for me.

Moose, if my maximum bid is lower than the previous maximum bid of the highest bidder, the auction outcome would be that my bid simply raise the winning cost, but I loose anyway, if I outbid the previous highest bidder in the last three second, and I am outbidded by another bidder, means he bid in the last two seconds.

But if that bid from you had been placed with only one second left you would have lost anyway, wouldn't you?

Scenario 1

2 minutes left: niceguy bids $10 - Highest bid $10

3 seconds left: porcy62 bids $20 - Highest bid $10.50

2 seconds left: badguy bids $30 - Highest bid $20.50

badguy wins at $20.50

Scenario 2

2 seconds left: badguy bids $30 - Highest bid $10.50

1 second left: porcy62 bids $20 - Highest bid $20.50

badguy wins at $20.50

The only case where it would make a difference is if both you and badguy bid the exact same amount, and in that case it would be better to bid with 3 seconds left than with 1 second left, since the first bid of a certain amount will take precedence.

But if that bid from you had been placed with only one second left you would have lost anyway, wouldn't you?

Scenario 1

3 seconds left: porcy62 bids $20 - Highest bid $10.50

2 seconds left: badguy bids $30 - Highest bid $20.50

badguy wins at $20.50

Scenario 2

2 seconds left: badguy bids $30 - Highest bid $10.50

1 second left: porcy62 bids $20 - Highest bid $20.50

badguy wins at $20.50

Correct.

What I am trying to explain in my poor english is

Scenario 3

2 minutes left: niceguy bids $10 - Highest bid $20

3 seconds left: porcy62 bids $100 - Highest bid $20.50

1 second left: badguys bids $150 - Highest bid $105.00

badguys wins at 105.00

So, sniping could be very expensive if the snipers are insane.

I admit that sometimes I bid insanely :crazy: and I found a faster lunatic

I was asking myself: does it exist a faster snipe tool for mental disease like me?