if its on CAPITOL, is it from L.A???

hi- chewy-chew-chew here: if its on capitol, does that mean it was recorded in LA. or did they record in new york as well. i am trying to separate out again all my west coast jazz and i was confused w/ capitol. i know most of its from la....however....

i am being very critical with what is west coast jazz, eg, some brubeck is in that pile (eg. jazz goes to junior college ,etc), but ive left out the take 5 album and ive left out a lot of jim hall stuff too, cause they sold out and recorded those in NYC. so i dont care how west coast they might be or sound they dont get to go in the west coast jazz pile

I'm with you, Chewy. I don't care what the music sounds like, as long as it was recorded in the correct city. All those Beethoven sides that George Solti did with the Chicago Symphony? No way. If it wasn't recorded in Berlin, it's not Beethoven. And the Beach Boys? I know that MOST of their sessions weren't really recorded on the beach. WTF? And don't even get me started on the Clark Terry and Monk record "In Orbit." Yeah, right!

well i finished the job- instead of one giant long stack i have 12 small stacks (not STACKED per se but, you know...) anyways- they read: Blues/R&b/early black rock/doo wop etc, Misc. Rock/early white rock/regional rock/pre 1963 pop/post 1963 pop, then 3 stacks of classic rock, then the West coast jazz stack- only if it was RECORDED in California, so there is some stuff in there like linoel (hampton, not ritchie) live in malibu, etc. but for all the traditonally west coast jazz artists who sold out and went to nyc those records are NOT included, with ******ONE******* execption::::FRANK MORGAN LIVE AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD, w/ CEDAR WALTON TRIO AND MASTER HIGGINS. my rationale is that one its on contemporary and it would be the 1 contemp. record NOT in the west coast jazz pile. but most importantly point 2, frank morgan, that well could of been his 1st time in nyc (it was recorded in the 80s i think). and hes not selling out as much as just playing in new york. but i was looking at this bob brookmyer lp i have called 7X the wilder, and its him and jimmy hall but not in LA: in NYC!! on VERVE nonetheless!!! pppffffssst.