Lebowskifest--YOU'RE Lebowski. I'm the dude, man.

Guest GregM

The Coen Bros. are brilliant! I love The Big Lebowski but I've noticed that it's a guy's movie. I mean, my wife's sister, who is a fanatic movie buff, doesn't even like the movie. If any woman dug it, it would be her. Do you know any women who like this movie?

Very true. My SO compared watching Lebowski to watching a 20-car pileup.

I'm with David, I couldn't understand after watching it why this movie is so great.

My favorite Coen Bros. films are Raising Arizona and Fargo.  I haven't seen any others.

If you like those two, give this another chance.

It is one of the two movies that I actually own (aside from every SpongeBob) and I have watched it probably 20 times. It never fails to slay me.

plus ... Smokey is played by Jimmie Dale Gilmore, of the Flatlanders :tup

Edited by Eric

With the qualifier that I haven't seen a couple of their movies, I think this is without a doubt their best. By far. I like Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou? quite a bit, as well as Fargo, but this one had me falling off the couch laughing. I had to stop half way through the first time I saw it just to catch my breath!

Do you know any women who like this movie?

My live-in likes it. Probably the main reason is her favorite drink is a White Russian (aka Caucasian), and whenever we watch it (I found a copy for $6!), we try to drink along.

But she also thinks Turturro's Jesus character is a hoot, and she's a fan of Buscemi too. Oh, and Sam Elliot's appearance always makes her smile. And The Dude is such a likable character too.

Love it!

Do you know any women who like this movie?

My live-in likes it. Probably the main reason is her favorite drink is a White Russian (aka Caucasian), and whenever we watch it (I found a copy for $6!), we try to drink along.

Ah, the Big Lebowski Drinking Game. There is a dorm at MIT that shows it once a year and throws in the added wrinkle of lighting up a joint every time the Dude does.