Nessa Records

sheldonm

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

No bullshit, ephemera, vanity projects, or anything else like that in the Nessa catalog. Just music that the man himself dug and believed needed to be heard, presented as purely and directly as possible.

Mission accomplished.

Y'all know I paid Jim for this.

True!

And Monday pays me for all the things I say about here.

My reputation to the contrary, I'm a totally unprincipled whore. :g

If only....posting on this site was an economically viable business! It would be a lot more fun than other businesses.

Nessa Records is one of the all time great labels, with many treasures among its releases. I thought so when I was buying the vinyl in the 1970s and later.

Hey Mark: Don't you already have the AEC 67/68 box? Cuz this music is on there...

No, it's not. It's on CD on Chief, issued in 1989. Don't know it that's still available.

In any case, it's about as important as music gets.

Well, I apologize if I'm wrong. I had a hunch it might be, and then I checked the entry here: Nos 1 & 2

But you're sure, huh?

Chuck?

Chuck: Can you give us the definitive answer on this, please? ( Word! )

Purty please? :)

Sorry for confusing things. I was replying to the post on that thread by Blake and the reply to it by Parkertown, which I thought meant that Parkertown was saying that L-R-G, The Maze, and S II Examples were on the AEC box. Those three pieces are on Chief CD 4. Numbers 1&2 are of course on the AEC box.

Sorry for confusing things. I was replying to the post on that thread by Blake and the reply to it by Parkertown, which I thought meant that Parkertown was saying that L-R-G, The Maze, and S II Examples were on the AEC box. Those three pieces are on Chief CD 4. Numbers 1&2 are of course on the AEC box.

Thank the gods you answered that. I was beginning to think I didn't know what I had done. :mellow:

Glad to be of service, though it took me a while to figure out how and why I'd confused things there.

And to clear up any lingering confusion, I did mean to say that L-R-G and The Maze are as important as music gets. (I still remember how it felt to hear those recordings for the first time. Excitement, awe, the dawn of a new world, you name it -- probably like being at the premiere of "Le Sacre." I thought the top of my head had come off. Likewise for the sax quartet version of Nonaah.)

Glad to be of service, though it took me a while to figure out how and why I'd confused things there.

And to clear up any lingering confusion, I did mean to say that L-R-G and The Maze are as important as music gets. (I still remember how it felt to hear those recordings for the first time. Excitement, awe, the dawn of a new world, you name it -- probably like being at the premiere of "Le Sacre." I thought the top of my head had come off. Likewise for the sax quartet version of Nonaah.)

To bad you weren't at the rehearsals and sessions. <_< I will die with memories of all this stuff.

I will also remenber your piece in the Trib. Nice to see it's in the book.

Thanks for paying attention.

Nonaah is in the works. I should be in the studio in a couple of weeks.

I will also remember your piece in the Trib.

Writing that, from where I sat, was perhaps not wholly unlike (albeit in a reactive mode) what you were doing in the studio. Sort of (as a White Sox fan since 1951) an A.J. Pierzynski moment -- you're at the plate, the game is on the line, the ball is on its way, and now's the time. The answer to the song titled "Why Was I Born?"

To bad you weren't at the rehearsals and sessions. <_< I will die with memories of all this stuff.

I will also remenber your piece in the Trib. Nice to see it's in the book.

Thanks for paying attention.

Nonaah is in the works. I should be in the studio in a couple of weeks.

I'd appreciate it if you two could try to be quiet now...such talk gets me "over"-excited. :blush:

Where might one find "L-R-G" & "The Maze" in good 'ol analog?

• 3 months later...

Well if it's a money issue maybe you could raise the cash via a pre-order sale?? I think the board members could be counted on for 30+ seats.

Did I just write "30+ seats"?? Silly me, the House take over has me all giddy. I meant 30 copies. Assuming you would charge $15 that should yield about $450. Would that be enough?? Oh wait that's probably a 2 disc set, right? So maybe you charge $20 or $25 which would put you over $600. Something to consider. Or not.

I don't want to answer for Chuck but I don't think that even covers a CD pressing run, when its apparent he isn't even at the point of having a new master completed.

Dan is correct.

At this point I've transferred all the tapes (including multi-tracks) to digital. Just that part ate up a grand. Next is mixing/editing/mastering. It will probably take $5000 to get the first thousand pressings on my basement.