Big John: accent on the blues

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I TALKED WITH MARVIN CABELL TODAY!!!!

Man, just got off the phone with Mr. Lite Hit himself!!! A super nice and humble man to be sure. Going to be talking again with him in the next few days for an interview I'm going to post on Patton's MySpace site. If there's any questions you'd like to ask him, let me know and I'll try and remember....! :tup

Please convey my warmest regards and highest fondness to Mr. Cabell!

What's he up to these days?

so when i do it, its mocked, but when jsngry does it, is praised- oh well, well ask him how he met big john, and what big john told him about what he wanted from the music, and if they played any live shows, and what it was like making music with big john, and his whole expierence dealing with the great BJP

so when i do it, its mocked, but when jsngry does it, is praised- oh well, well ask him how he met big john, and what big john told him about what he wanted from the music, and if they played any live shows, and what it was like making music with big john, and his whole expierence dealing with the great BJP

I'll ask him those things. I do know he, John and LeRoy Williams were together as a band for something like 5 or 6 years more or less. So they did travel and play live shows constantly. I did ask Marvin if he had any live recordings of that band, and he regretted to say he didn't.

• 1 year later...