Happy birthday Buddy Guy

slide_advantage_redoux

ann and i attended Buddy's 30th - invitation only party at Theresa's lounge. musical guests included little walter, junior wells, magic sam, muddy and the aces. Ann, Theresa and Buddy's wife served ham and cake to the crowd.

Somewhere I still have the invitation.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

ann and i attended Buddy's 30th - invitation only party at Theresa's lounge. musical guests included little walter, junior wells, magic sam, muddy and the aces. Ann, Theresa and Buddy's wife served ham and cake to the crowd.

Did you ever see Earl Hooker?

I love Magic Sam....seeing this post has made me throw on "Black Magic", his late 1968 date on Delmark; wonderful recording!

m~

I love Magic Sam....seeing this post has made me throw on "Black Magic", his late 1968 date on Delmark; wonderful recording!

m~

Yes, that is an invitation from blues heaven. If you haven't seen the DVD, Magic Sam performs All Your Love (playing Earl Hooker's guitar) on one of the terrific American Folk Blues Festival DVDs, put out by Experience Hendrix.

Damn! You must have thought you died and went to heaven! Even back then it must have been a big, BIG deal.

Edited by paul secor