McCoy Tyner sick ??!

jeffsjazz

In July, he toured Europe (with Wallace Roney, Steve Turre, Donald Harrison, Eric Alexander, Charnett Moffett and Eric Gravatt), so I guess it can't be that bad...

I saw him earlier this year (or was it late last year?) on one of his UK gigs then just a few weeks ago at North Sea. In both cases he looked a bit drawn and certainly a lot thinner than on previous times I've seen him. On both occasions though he played very well indeed - with great sense of purpose.

Hope everything is OK with him !

In July, he toured Europe (with Wallace Roney, Steve Turre, Donald Harrison, Eric Alexander, Charnett Moffett and Eric Gravatt), so I guess it can't be that bad...

I saw him earlier this year (or was it late last year?) on one of his UK gigs then just a few weeks ago at North Sea. In both cases he looked a bit drawn and certainly a lot thinner than on previous times I've seen him. On both occasions though he played very well indeed - with great sense of purpose.

Hope everything is OK with him !

I just saw him less than a week ago. He looks gaunt & walks like a (very) old man.

On the other hand he was reasonably animated & played well.

If he's ill, the specifics are not being revealed to the general public.

he's most definitely been ill for awhile now but no one seems clear as to the problem. diabetes is supposed to be part of the equation.

I also heard diabetes. Someone else said it was serious...whatever it is. Damn sad.

Edited by RonF

I had heard he had heart surgery.

I wish him the best in his recovery.

I hope to see him with the aforementioned septet at the University of Maryland in the fall.

Bertrand.

hi, bertrand. if he had had heart surgery, he would have had to be off the scene for quite awhile. i don't remember any long absences in recent times, do you?