Printed discographies vs those on-line

medjuck

Any comments on the Lord on-line discography? Anyone try it?

I subscribe to it and find it to be a useful reference. I find some of the formatting to be a little confusing at times, but otherwise I do not have any complaints.

Same here. A very useful tool! Don't know of any online equivalent.

No complaint. Whenever I notice an item that is missing or contains errors, I just send an email addition/correction.

The Internet refueled the gimme generation's greed—big time.

:tup

I don't know what you're responding to. I started this thread and I never suggested that on-line discographies had to be free-- quite the opposite. And no-one else I've read has suggested it either.

Personally I'd be happy to pay even more for the DESOR on line and constantly updated than I did for it in hard cover form. Save some trees too.

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up for the Lord on-line discography, and am pleased with it. Of course I've found errors and omissions, but there's a lot of information there, and it's very handy. My main concern has to do with the "cataloging your collection" feature. A good idea, but it would require a big investment of time to really use it - not sure I want take that time for something I don't actually "own" (and apparently can't even buy - only rent) - is it going to be around and available in (say) 10 years? Picked out a few manageable artists in my collection (Gene Ammons, Joe Pass, a couple others) to try it out on, took some effort, but the results have been intersting and even helpful.