Organissimo at New Haven Lounge, Baltimore

Stefan Wood

So I FINALLY got to see Organissimo play last night. In a real funky but nice club in the northern part of Baltimore, in a half decrepit strip mall, of all places. Nice crowd there. Saw all three sets. A local musician, a sax player sat in on a couple of tunes. Very nice! For anyone who is in the Baltimore area, check them out tonight, as they are playing there again this evening. Great music, fantastic playing, and a great bunch of guys to talk to. Loved Jimmy Smith Goes to Washington, the Don Patterson, Bill Heid and Tommy Turrentine tunes, and all the originals as well! I had a blast!!!!!!! :g

Edited by Stefan Wood

I just got up!!! Good to see you got home safely.

That was a fabulous gig. I think the Haven lounge was a perfect venue for the band. As Stefan said, from the outside the place is scary, but once you get in, you see how warm and convivial it is.

The tenor sax was my friend Whit Williams, a longtime player on the Baltimore/DC scene and a super great guy.

Bertrand.

Yeah, we didn't know quite what to expect when we first got there, but it's a nice club (reminds me a bit of Baker's) and the people were very friendly and welcoming. Well, with the exception of the doorman. When we came in, he gave us a look like, "What the hell are you doing here?"

:D

We'll be there again tonight!

Well, with the exception of the doorman. When we came in, he gave us a look like, "What the hell are you doing here?"

:D

We'll be there again tonight!

I've give you that look all the time.

:P

Baltimore organ legend Greg Hatza came out Saturday night. He sat in and played 2 tunes, a medium up tempo blues and the Larry Young tune "Tyrone".. He ended up hangin' til the end of the last set!