Oops. Bad choice in magazine names.

For the Arrested Development fans - Tobias' business card for the combined specialties of Analyst and Therapist:

analrapist.jpg

Oh, and if 666 is the number of the beast then 668 must be the neighbor of the beast.

I've written a whole series of skits called "668: Neighbor of the Beast." It involves an urban apartment dweller who lives next door to hell. Satan (his neighbor) is all done up in red makeup complete with horns and a cape. He drops by to borrow sugar, stuff like that. He's a nice guy. In one skit, the main character (Dave) is passing 668. He hears moaning and wailing. He knocks on the door. Satan answers (behind him we see an ordinary apartment, nothing hellish about it at all).

SATAN: Oh, hi, Dave. How's it going?

DAVE: Not too bad. Look, Satan, I hate to bug you, but it's a little late for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Do you think you could turn it down a couple of notches?

SATAN: Hey, no problem. My bad. We were just going to knock off for the night anyway. Sorry for the disturbence.

DAVE: It's okay. Ordinarily it wouldn't bother me, but I have an early meeting tomorrow.

SATAN: Sure thing. Hey, I'm in charge of the lobby Christmas tree this year. Think you could kick in a couple of bucks?

DAVE (reaching for his wallet): Sure. Here ya go.

SATAN: Thanks. Let me write you a receipt.

DAVE: Don't worry about it. I trust you. (both laugh) Anyway, have a good night, Satan. My best to all of the damned.

SATAN: Night, Dave. Good luck with that meeting tomorrow.

DAVE: Thanks. (to himself after the door closes) What a nice guy.

This is an excellent example of an OMFG!

:rfr

Updated: 01:06 PM EST

Simpson to Discuss How He'd Have Killed Ex-Wife

By EDWARD WYATT, The New York Times

LOS ANGELES (Nov. 14) - O. J. Simpson, who was acquitted 11 years ago in the 1994 death of his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald L. Goldman has written a book and will appear on television telling “how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible,” his publisher and the Fox television network said on Tuesday.

For the Arrested Development fans - Tobias' business card for the combined specialties of Analyst and Therapist:

analrapist.jpg

Oh, and if 666 is the number of the beast then 668 must be the neighbor of the beast.

I've written a whole series of skits called "668: Neighbor of the Beast." It involves an urban apartment dweller who lives next door to hell. Satan (his neighbor) is all done up in red makeup complete with horns and a cape. He drops by to borrow sugar, stuff like that. He's a nice guy. In one skit, the main character (Dave) is passing 668. He hears moaning and wailing. He knocks on the door. Satan answers (behind him we see an ordinary apartment, nothing hellish about it at all).

SATAN: Oh, hi, Dave. How's it going?

DAVE: Not too bad. Look, Satan, I hate to bug you, but it's a little late for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Do you think you could turn it down a couple of notches?

SATAN: Hey, no problem. My bad. We were just going to knock off for the night anyway. Sorry for the disturbence.

DAVE: It's okay. Ordinarily it wouldn't bother me, but I have an early meeting tomorrow.

SATAN: Sure thing. Hey, I'm in charge of the lobby Christmas tree this year. Think you could kick in a couple of bucks?

DAVE (reaching for his wallet): Sure. Here ya go.

SATAN: Thanks. Let me write you a receipt.

DAVE: Don't worry about it. I trust you. (both laugh) Anyway, have a good night, Satan. My best to all of the damned.

SATAN: Night, Dave. Good luck with that meeting tomorrow.

DAVE: Thanks. (to himself after the door closes) What a nice guy.

I bet you'd enjoy a book called "Titivullus; or the verbiage collector" by Michael Ayrton, a British novellist, painter, sculptor (his main gig), art historian, biographer, poet, humorist, book illustrator and all round good guy for late night chat shows in the '60s.

Titivullus is a minor demon (clerical class) who's found paddling in the Styx and set to work collecting verbiage, so people can be damned out of their own mouths. Satan is depicted as a retired Indian Army officer, constantly moving in a black cloud and reading, so far as he is able to do so in the dark, a pre-publication copy of his biography, which Milton will be writing in several hundred years. Titivullus, turning the verbiage into propaganda, eventually takes over.

MG