Used Shops in Baltimore

Tom in RI

There's a cool classical store with some jazz (as I recall) right in the downtown area, not terribly far from the conservatory (or at least that's where they get half or more of their business from, I gather).

Was there once for a wedding. Picked up some seriously cool used 20th Century classical CD's, as I recall, including a couple titles I later found out were normally really hard to find.

Somebody from Baltimore can surely provide the details.

Did/do they have any jazz - or am I just remembering wrong???

Had an excellent time thanks! Nothing like sitting out in those 5,000 seat Chestnut tree-shaded beer gardens to beat the heat. Tell ya what, that Pathfinder Deluxe Garment Bag is an exceptional piece of luggage....you can comfortably stash close to an entire case of Rothaus Hefe-Weizen & Pils into her without busting a bottle! :g

03_hefew_265.jpg

• 2 years later...

bump.... I may be heading up to Baltimore next month for a couple of days. Can anyone provide any updates on cd shops in Baltimore?

* Normal's Record & Book Store

425 E 31st St

Baltimore, MD 21218

(410) 243-6888

* Sound Garden

1616 Thames St

Baltimore, MD 21231

(410) 563-9011

Are these still there? Any others worth checking out?

edit - found a couple more listings, dunno if they're worth checking out or not:

* Of Sound Mind ("jazz/newage")

5615 Belair

(410) 325-5722

* El Suprimo ("used vinyl")

1707 Aliceanna St.

(410) 226-9628

Edited by Aggie87

An Die Musik on Charles Street, and True Vine somewhere. The latter had a lot of vinyl and a lot of free stuff. The former is worth a stop if you are in the neighborhood (near Peabody Conservatory), but don't go out of your way.

Bertrand.