Kenny Drew Trio (ojc20 06520) (was RLP 224)

ornette

I don't think (and certainly don't hope) my ears are failing me that badly, but my copy of this OJC reissue (German pressing, Mikulski distributor address at the bottom of the back cover) sounds quite OK to me. No trace of wow or distortion.

Which tracks are the ones that are particularly bad on your copy?

Which tracks are the ones that are particularly bad on your copy?

I'd be curious to hear the answer to that also...

Try the last 30 seconds of track 2.

I have the 1992 OJC CD remastered by Gary Hobish. The final 30 seconds of "Come Rain Or Come Shine" sounds fine to my ears, as does the rest of this CD, as far as I can tell.

You (ornette) said the problem exists on "several tracks", and that it is "carried on to the CD"... but you never said exactly which version you have. I'll listen again, but I must say I'm a bit confused.

Apologies for the confusion, caused by me not paying enough attention. The distortion is only on one track - but in several places (track 2 Come Rain or Come Shine), namely in the piano chords behind the bass solo, the piano solo after the bass solo and in the final theme statement. On relistening I think it comes from the tape (that 'elastic band' sound) rather than the piano.

My copy is ex-library, so no booklet and there is a label over much of the information, but it is 2001, 'Mastered at ZXY...', in a black gatefold sleeve. Can't see the distributor's name - the label is impossible to remove.