Manhattan Smells Worse than Usual this Morning

When all is said and done, they'll find some way to blame it all on New Jersey.

Looks like Randy wins the prize; the radio just said it was from a chemical facility along the Jersey shore.

As for my original theory, they are saying that a temperature inversion yesterday morning (hot air on top of cold instead of the other way around) trapped the odor close to the ground. Looks like it was wind driven after all.

Read the thread again. This is what I wrote in the first place, except they think it came from Secaucus - not Bayway. <_<

Sorry, once the prize has been awarded it can not be retracted.

Looks like Randy wins the prize; the radio just said it was from a chemical facility along the Jersey shore.

As for my original theory, they are saying that a temperature inversion yesterday morning (hot air on top of cold instead of the other way around) trapped the odor close to the ground. Looks like it was wind driven after all.

Read the thread again. This is what I wrote in the first place, except they think it came from Secaucus - not Bayway. <_<

The last thing I want to do is to rob a fellow New Jerseyan of his rightful prize in predicting the source of an objectionable odor. Give it to 7/4

The last thing I want to do is to rob a fellow New Jerseyan of his rightful prize in predicting the source of an objectionable odor. Give it to 7/4

We know Jersey stinks. :rlol

I used to take the bus from Princeton to the city on the weekends - holy crap!!! It's especially bad when you pass through the town with the gigantic Budweiser factory (can't remember exactly where that is, but if I recall correctly it is fairly close to the water).

I used to take the bus from Princeton to the city on the weekends - holy crap!!! It's especially bad when you pass through the town with the gigantic Budweiser factory (can't remember exactly where that is, but if I recall correctly it is fairly close to the water).

On Rt. 1, Newark.

:lol:

A man of principles. I like that!

Sorry, but nothing stinks like Gary, Indiana. If you haven't had the pleasure of driving through Gary, consider yourself lucky.

I did, once :bad: An astonishing experiance. Our kid, a few months old at the time, actually woke up and started coughing and crying.

Edited by BruceH

Watch out NYC, one of our buffoonish NJ assemblymen is out to take your money

Jersey pol smells lawsuit in stink flap

BY DON SINGLETON

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

A New Jersey politician is sick and tired of the Garden State being made the butt of jokes from across the Hudson - and now he's talking lawsuit.

"We should sue them, and sue them bad," Assemblyman Louis Manzo, a Jersey City Democrat, huffed yesterday as he recalled the many slights New Jersey has suffered, largely from New Yorkers.

What pushed Manzo over the edge, he said, was all the finger-pointing at New Jersey during Monday's Big Stink. When the mysterious odor enveloped lower Manhattan, it was promptly blamed on New Jersey.

"What we ought to do is sue New York for all the environmental damage they've done over the years - all the New York garbage that was dumped illegally in our state, all the environmental damage," he said.

The idea of suing New York started out as a joke, Manzo admitted. "But now people are saying it's a good idea."

The indignities include ancient myths of "Jersey mosquitoes" the size of sparrows, smelly pig farms in Secaucus and gangland burials in the Meadowlands.

"They ought to take a look at Secaucus today - it's clean and beautiful," Manzo said. "Just about the only stinky thing over that way lately was [New York Giants head coach Tom] Coughlin's play calling last weekend."