Herbie Nichols - The one Complete Blue Note Recording

Kyo

I got this box set today and two mistakes make me wonder if I got a bootleg or if this is just another case of the infamous Blue Note Quality Control . The cardboard sleeve's front and the booklet's cover say "Eddy Kotick" while it's Teddy everywhere else and on the side of the cardboard box it says "The Complete Blue Note Recording" (what, just one?). Everything else about this set seems legit, I just haven't found any mention of this "Eddy Kotick" mistake anywhere on the web. All the pictures of the front cover I've found on the web have Kotick's name correct.

I took a look at my copy, which I bought several years ago, and damn, it has the same errors! I hadn't noticed before. My copy says "Printed in Holland", so perhaps only European copies are affected? European and American copies have differed before in typos ("Handcock" comes to mind).

Anyway, once again an example of the legendary Blue Note Quality Control. Two actually.