do you have a purchasing recorded music budget?

I thought this was going to be about a budget to RECORD some music. I've asked for this from "listeners" for years. :)

what projects do you have in mind?

adroit as you and michael mosaic are, you should both be getting huge blank checks.

Was never asking for money, just proposing the folks whining for stuff write a budget for the material they want. Never got any takers.

I thought this was going to be about a budget to RECORD some music. I've asked for this from "listeners" for years. :)

adroit as you and michael mosaic are, you should both be getting huge blank checks.

Was never asking for money, just proposing the folks whining for stuff write a budget for the material they want. Never got any takers.

I don't know what you mean by "write a budget".

MG

MG

He means to show us how expensive it is to produce a reissue so that we'll stop bitching about the lack of whatever reissue we are bitching about.

My actual budget always seems to be more than my planned budget. I'm sure that I'm not alone.

my problems started first many years ago when i bought(without telling the little lady, of course) jarrett's massive sun bear vinyl set and continue to this day with the revenant ayler set.

i do about as well with my music budget as congress with the national budget.

When Your Music's price was $4.99, my budget was five dolars a week. When they raised the price to $5.99, my budget became $6.00 a week.

That ended when I spent $165.00 at the Concord Blowout Sale in August. I didn't buy anything after that (except my monthly Your Music queue selection) until a couple of weeks ago when I spent $23.00 to join the Jazz Heritage Society.

I don't expect to be buying anything again until I buy myself an Easter present in six weeks.

MG

He means to show us how expensive it is to produce a reissue so that we'll stop bitching about the lack of whatever reissue we are bitching about.

Well, Chuck should just tell us. It's no good asking consumers who don't know what the cost of whatever is appropriate in the circumstances (which vary) to produce a budget. Chuck obviously can see this, and can obviously see it's silly, which is why I asked what he meant; I can't believe he'd ask such a silly thing.

We know it ain't cheap, but we don't know how far away it is from cheap. That would be useful information, in a general sense.

MG

I've been selling the odd thing on Ebay and at the minute try to keep the collection self funding so the paypal account contains the money I have to spend. I like a bottom feeding trawl of charity/thrift/used stores for saleable bargains or any jazz worth listening to and try to fund new purchases from that too. Has the advantage of keeping the volume of discs down to since storage is a major issue anyhow.

1/2 - 2/3 of net income.

I earn third world wages and have to pay first world prices for my CDs. Whattado I'm a CD junkie unable to kick the habit. :(

do you live in Rio de Janeiro and never told me? :D

budget for this year is 600 reais/month (approx 270 USD) and my beloved friend Bright Moments knows that i'm not good on projections :g

Marcus