Humorous New Release blurb

Aftab

Kenny Werner: Lawn Chair Society

30 years since he released his first jazz recording, Kenny Werner is still breaking new ground with his first album on the legendary Blue Note label, showcasing a quintet with Dave Douglas, Chris Pooter, Scott Colley, and Brian Blade.

I've heard a sax player called a honker, but never a pooter :cool:

Kenny Werner: Lawn Chair Society

30 years since he released his first jazz recording, Kenny Werner is still breaking new ground with his first album on the legendary Blue Note label, showcasing a quintet with Dave Douglas, Chris Pooter, Scott Colley, and Brian Blade.

I've heard a sax player called a honker, but never a pooter :cool:

He could make an album called "Hootin' & Pootin'" :D

MG

Looks more like a huka to me! :)

pooter.gif

" To make a pooter:

· Get a small, clear jar with lid, 2 fat flexible straws, some plasticine, a small piece of nylon stocking, and some tape.

· With a nail and hammer, punch 2 holes in the lid large enough for the straws to fit into.

· Stick the straws into the lid and seal the spaces around them with plasticine. For your mouthpiece, cut the outside end of one straw down to about 6 cm (2 3/8 inches); tape the nylon piece over the other end of the straw. Screw the lid firmly onto the jar.

· To collect an insect, hold the long straw over it while you suck gently through the other straw. The insect will be drawn into the jar. "