Whatever happened to......??

K1969

Anyone know what happened to Ivan Boogaloo Joe Jones??

boogaloo1.jpg

I heard rumours that he went the same way as another of my favourite musicans, Shamek Farrah, that is to say that he crashed and burned, finding salvation in the church as a priest (see my previous posting on Shamek Farrah alias Rev Anthony Domacase)

Apparently Boogaloo Joe has disowned all his previous work, especially the more, how shall I say, of the flesh stuff. jones_ivanb_sweetback_101b.jpg

Personally I find it a little sad that my favourite musicians seem to turn their backs on their work, but perhaps this is all groundless rumour - if so I apologise to the man. So if you've got any news on him or on anyone else for that matter who's gone totally off the radar, please share it with us. (Another "lost" artist I'm curious to hear about is Eric Kloss).

seeing that name frank_m:

somehow i remember a thread started iirc by Late on Frank Haynes and Frank Mitchell

but i am completely unable to find it, all i find is a Carlos Ward and Carlos Garnett thread

does anyone else remember this thread (or did i just dream it :) )

does anyone know where it is?