September's here!

Free For All

Myself, I'm most excited about the Mosaic Mulligan CJB, the Jack Johnson box and the RVGs- Mode For Joe, Adam's Apple and SFTNL. Somes others, too, but these are the biggies. Also the Patton and Chambers Selects. Also some J.J. and Al Grey reissues. Also, also, also.......................................................... :blink:

How about you? What are you layin' for?

Free For All mentioned several (the RVG's, Verve LP reproductions) that I'm looking forward to. I ordered the Ellington Reprise set, 4 Conns and the Paul Desmond/MJQ CD last night. I'm hoping my wife will give me at least one more Mosaic set for my upcoming birthday.

On Jazzmatazz I noticed Kenny Burrell's "Have Yourself A Soulful Little Christmas" is being released as a Verve LPR in October. Someone burned a copy of this for me last year, and it's a great album so I'm pretty excited about that. Also a big fan of the Charlie Brown Christmas special music, so I'm looking forward to the SACD release of that in October. Is it this year that the Roy Eldridge Mosaic is supposed to come out? That one sounds really interesting...and on and on and on... :excited:

Chambers Selects.

I see that AMG has already listed the Chambers Select (tagged with a Sept. 23rd release date) but there doesn't seem to be anything over on the Mosaic site. Anyone know if this will contain any previously unreleased nuggets in addition to the BN releases that most of us already own?

Weizen, I get the impression that's not the case at all. I was trying to find the Mosaic booklet that mentioned it but it must be at work.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the Mulligan and, espcially, the Eldridge Mosaics as well as the Patton Select. There's also the Brookmeyer Select somewhere down the road. Plus isn't there a Basie 4 cd set coming out soon? That's something to look forward to.

I'm looking forward to the Basie (assuming it's still scheduled for Sept.) most of all. Also, the Patton Select (I think it's due in Sept.), and Al Grey.

I laid low in August saving up for the big Fall rush. And of course the big daddy of 'em all this Fall, Mosaic Roy Eldridge :excited:

Edited by montg

I'm looking forward to the Mosaic CJB, of course. It's been a long wait!

Also looking forward to the live Shelley Manne & His Men on Fantasy, the new Phil Urso tribute to Chet Baker, the remastered Ellington "Far East Suite", and the Brubeck "Time" box set from Sony/Columbia (although I just checked and that's coming in October).

Anyway, plenty to look forward to/save up for!

The Jazz Corps feat. Roland Kirk [first time I've seen it, ever] [Pacific Jazz]

It took me five years to realize that this is a great recording. There's another one:

#1101 Tommy Peltier's Jazz Corps - Freddy Rodriguez, Lynn Blessing, Bill Plummer, Maurice Miller - "Live at the Lighthouse 1963-67"

http://www.cadencebuilding.com/cadence/cjr.html

Looks like September could shape up as a pretty cruel (cool?) month.

Your reference to T.S.Eliot [and perhaps Chaucer] did not go unnnoticed.

rock-ctr, "Live at the Lighthouse 1963-67" is on what label? On Pacific again?

Man, that Jazz Corps with Kirk is killin'. Killin'. He plays everything, Coltrane to Ornette to Bechet-like. It's awesome!

Edited by Dmitry

Three Sounds/Black Orchid

Andrew Hill/Andrew!

This Ones's For Blanton(thanks Dmitry!!)

are on the way. Hopefully, I'll have the Davis @ Blackhawk Mosaic LP(Mosaic's swan song to LP's?) set spinning sometime in September. I love this LP and am hoping the Mosaic fixes a few things that distract from the music. Should be interesting to hear it without the edits I never knew were there.

Edited by wolff

Myself, I'm most excited about the Mosaic Mulligan CJB, the Jack Johnson box and the RVGs- Mode For Joe, Adam's Apple and SFTNL. Somes others, too, but these are the biggies. Also the Patton and Chambers Selects. Also some J.J. and Al Grey reissues. Also, also, also.......................................................... :blink:

How about you? What are you layin' for?

I'm with you, except that I'm gonna wait on the Jack Johnson box.

I'm with you, except that I'm gonna wait on the Jack Johnson box.

Just curious, Bruce- what are your reservations about this box? With all the extra material I myself think it'll be worth checking out. I know some people have a fondness for the original version and feel the extra stuff takes away from the original. Where do you stand on this?

The Mosaic Chambers/Patton/Mulligan CJB boxes, the Basie box, the Al Grey and J.J. re-issues, the Miles box...  Hell, and then there's October.  Glad I already budgeted for the BN Conns.

The Mosaic Roy Eldridge is rumored for November.

...and on top of that we're getting ready to buy a house! :o:unsure::blink::huh:

You don't really need running water do you? ;):lol: