tony monaco

Excellent news...I had planned for month to write a post about my enthusiasm for Tony Monaco, but lazyness (mostly) kept me from doing so.

I immensely enjoy mos tof his records, especially burning grooves, Fiery Blues and Master Chops.

What strikes me is the variety of stops used in one track, really amazing....Coupled with an excellent bass playing (hand+foot) and a wide dynamic control, this is one of the most satisfying players in the circuit today!

Still haven't bought his East to West : would anybody care to comment on this CD?

One last icing on the cake : the sound quality is remarkable most of the time, especially Master Chops and Fiery Blues;

Look forard to share your impressions about Tony! :D

I've seen Tony live a bunch of times and he puts on a great show....great showman indeed...but a wonderful player as well. Fun to photograph as well.....unlimited facial expressions....crazy~

We discussed doing a photo shoot a month or so ago and he was telling me about his surgery.....a complete success. If you've seen him, you probably noticed he walks with a cane most of the time....he had a pretty serious procedure and he is on the mend...no cane, in great spirits....one nice guy!

m~

our newly announced arts theatre schedule for the coming year includes tony next april 26.

made my day.

the theatre has a beautifully restored 1920's pipe organ from warner brothers studios in hollywood.

i would love to hear tony make like fats waller and turn a tune or two on that. sure hope someone tells him about it.

Edited by alocispepraluger102