• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our local team made us live some wild times lately, with a whole new bunch of players, 9 starters out of 11 weren't on the team when 2014 started, playing their first competitive game, we managed in Mexico to get a 2-2 result in Champions League action in the first leg against Pachuca . The second leg was played at home in the Big O , game was tied 0-0 until the 80th when the visitors got themselves a penalty to take the lead , with the away team using all the dirty tricks, time stalling tactics, imaginary cramps this happened...

http://www.tvasports.ca/2015/03/03/porter-seme-lhysterie-dans-le-stade

Sorry for the ad prior to the viewing

Edited by Van Basten II

Anybody here following the MLS ? Season started last week, our hated rivals TFC made the bigger splash winning big in Vancouver. It was also the debut of Kaka in Orlando, in what was a very entertaining game he scored with the help of a deflection the tying goal against another new team Ney York City. Seattle destroyed last year's finalist New England. Champions Galaxy started well their season by handling Houston easily to open the MLS season .

Subscribing to MLS Live is a heck of a deal, especially for us Canucks as the only games blacked out are the ones broadcasted on national tv in Canada, last week it meant having 9 games out of 10 available live.

This week only 8 games, with an even pair of teams there is no reason for byes unless teams have other commitments , then again scheduling makes little sense in this league.

This friday Houston will receive Kaka and Orlando but not defender Aurélien Collin who got red carded last week.

Saturday's action my pick for game to watch would be Dallas-KC, two teams who will have to battle for a playoff spot in the tough west conference

Sunday will feature the first home NY City game in Yankee Stadium , football on a baseball field ugh ! They will receive the Revs who will try to bounce back from the 3-0 drubbing they got last week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In European action , how satisfying was it to see the arrogant Mourinho and the evil twin brother of Luis Suarez Diego Costa get a suprising exit from Champions League as Paris eliminated them , thanks to an away goal in extra time.

Edited by Van Basten II

I have enjoyed both those games and was not all that surprised about the outcome. I thought the in the match in paris PSG played better and Chelsea was a bit lucky with the draw. to get the equalizer in overtime after playing already about 60 minutes with 10 men was a special effort.

yes the"chosen one" is an arrogant mofo but but he adds a bit of color and i would not hold it against the team. my little bit of schadenfreude was with the commentators who in the first game were all over Chelsea without giving PSG any credit and generally seemed to me to act like there is no soccer outside England.

Edited by uli

I usually enjoy English commentators but in those occasions (European or international event with an English opponent) they are often chauvinistic to the point of annoyance , as much as I cheer for the Gunners,I had a laugh during the first leg defeat against Monaco I thought their reaction(the commentators) was hilarious as they acted like they were on the verge of breakdown watching to their total dismay Arsenal being badly outplayed.

I think he's a fascinating character, I wouldn't mind him coaching my team . Then again as my alias shows, I have a thing for Dutch people :w Not sure he's a guy you'd get for the long term, has too much of a shock value and I'm not sure his method works in every context but Compared to the Mou, I think he's a saint.

Edited by Van Basten II

Wild weekend in MLS , Both expansion teams got their first win ,although it's NY who made the headlines thanks top David Villa making a successful debut in Yankee Stadium having a goal and a decisive pass and being a constant threat. Dallas is now on top of the league thanks to a win against KC who is probably missiong being in the east. Performance of the week belongs to San Jose who despite being one player short for more than 30 minutes managed to get a win in Seattle. Crazy ending in Portland as both teams traded late goals to settle for draw which allows the Galaxy to remain undefeated. The wildest game of the week goes to Salt Lake and Philadelphia which endded up 3-3.

Best celebration of a goal belongs Columbus Crew 's Kei Kamara though

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/03/15/kei-kamara-knows-his-columbus-crew-sc-history-goal-celebration-homage-sideli

Gunners will have a hard time today as the fiight an uphill battle trailing 1-3 against suprising Monaco.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MLS next week the featured friday night game will showcase laders Dallas taking their show on the road against Philly. Saturday night will be an occasion to check out if the expansions team will remain undefeated. They have good chances as they take on takable teams,, the Florida team receives Vancouver and City goes to Colorado which ain't exactly a powerhouse. Marquee matchup this weekend will take place sunday as East rivals DC and Red Bulls will clash.

For the North Americans. What's your opinion on Louis van Gaal?

The British media loves to see him suffer.

He's in love with himself, thinks he's a genius blah, blah. More tolerable than Mourinho. That's not saying much, however.

Typically Dutch.

Today King Louis I of Manchester takes on Loserpool on their home turf.

If most fans paid attention to the Classico which saw Barcelona getting away from tiki taka to more straight ahead fast break and counter attack football depending less on possession than usual the most suprising result came from Munich as Bayern suffered a rare home lost to opportunistic Gladbach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last MLS week was less rambunctious than week 2 , it featured three 0-0 scores in eight games, overall only 10 goals were scored in these games. San Jose opened his new stadium in style winning 2-1 , Orlando lost in a cruel way in the 96th minute as Vancouver's Rivero got a very very very late goal. Montreal lost their Champions League hero Cameron Porter for the reat of the seasonin a nasty injury in one of those eventless 0-0 games. Finally Dallas remains the only perfect team defeating easily the Union in the city of Brotherly love

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All teams will be in action next weekend which is actually a dumb idea as it is an international break which the league does not bother to respect which means all these players won't be available for their teams

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/03/21/complete-list-mls-international-callups-march-fifa-dates

Best game on paper remains saturday night as league leaders FC Dallas will welcome the Sounders.

Edited by Van Basten II