Passing Ships

Free For All

Man, I've had a hell of a time getting/staying on this site for the last couple of days- is it just me and my lame dial-up?

Anyway, one of the CD sources I frequent, Overstock.com, is taking pre-orders for the "new" Andrew Hill. The price ain't THAT great (13.49- they're asking 9.89 for the latest RVGs, so I'm wondering if this release will be priced higher on other sites as well) but it's the first time I've gotten to see the artwork- it looks very hip, very much in the 60s Blue Note style.

This seems to be an AOL related site, but I think anyone can get on to it (let me know if I'm wrong)- sometimes they do have good deals, esp. on box sets (got the Rollins RCA box there). Anyway, I couldn't get a link happening, but if you go to the site and go to "music" and search for Andrew Hill you'll find it. You might find a better deal elsewhere, but I just thought some of you might not have seen it yet- Blue Note doesn't seem to mention it and Jazzmatazz doesn't have a visual link yet. Sorry if this is old news.

P.S.- I guess this should be under "New Releases", not "Reissues". Oops.

Edited by Free For All

OK, I finally got on the site - but they only have one Andrew Hill title: "Beautiful Day".

They don't even have "Point of Departure"???

Man, I've been searching for the cover to "Passing Ships" off and on for the last four days, ever since I noticed you could pre-order it now at Towerrecords.com, Amazon.com, BN.com, and several other of the typical offenders. But none of them have the artwork yet.

You just yankin' my chain, Paul??? <_<

And some new (to me) and good news about Sonic Boom, stolen from Alan Lankin's site:

Lee Morgan - Sonic Boom (Blue Note Connoisseur) Oct 7

— the 1967 session with David Newman, Cedar Walton, Ron Carter and Billy Higgins

— will also include the 1969 session with Julian Priester, George Coleman, Harold Mabern, Walter Booker and Mikey Roker that was originally included on the Japanese release of The Procrastinator

:excited:

Can't wait for this one!

The Lee Morgan photo was also used in the booklet for THE SIDEWINDER (the RVG edition). I'm thinking it's from that session. Nice picture, but it does seem to be used a little too frequently. You'd think they could dig up something a little different. But really, it's the music that counts right; and look at all the good/obscure stuff that's coming out next month, it's hard to whine about that.

I too am wondering about the "Mother Ship" cover, and like Peter --- I ain't gettin' no love from overstock.com. I still can't find anything there, other than Hill's "Beautiful Day", nor was I able to see "Sonic Boom". (Didn't even look for "Mother Ship".)

Is anyone finding "Passing Ships" there?? (Although the link to the image clearly goes to that site, so at least somebody is.) I'm searching both on "Andrew Hill" and "Passing Ships".

Also, I can't remember a single other Conn that I was ever this excited about before, not ever!!!!! I've been thinking about "Passing Ships" for months now, and it's finally almost here!!!!!!! :excited:

There have been several that turned out to be totally amazing releases (Chick Corea's "The Complete 'IS' Sessions", for instance), but none that I had so dang much anticipation about before the actual release.

4 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!

Tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.........

:unsure:

( :g )

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.... tick.........

What, is Greg back? :o