is this legit?

When I click on your link, I get this:

Page Not Responding

The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.

Please try the options below:

Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using a bookmark.

Wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again.

If you have waited ten to fifteen minutes and you still can't access your page:

Check our Announcement Board to see if the feature is currently unavailable.

If what you are looking for is unavailable, you may still be able to access other parts of the site from the eBay Home page

Is it this?

It does look fishy/odd... item in the title/photo is the "bonus", and the item for sale is barely described. The bonus is a "transfer"... hmm, okayyyy.

Odd that this person has nearly 3000 transactions and a 100% feedback rating.

Edited by Jim R

http://cgi.ebay.com/NATHAN-DAVIS-paris-reu...1QQcmdZViewItem

so if you buy the obscure cd you get a free bonus of the nathan davis lp transferred to cd.

somethings fishy here.

<_<

I bought something once from this guy. I was confused by the listing - thought I was getting a Contemporary lp by Sonny Simmons but what I got was a burn of that lp (with cover art) and a different CD (which was in the description, just like this Nathan Davis/Freddie Hubbard listing). I was a little annoyed - but he immediately refunded my money. His rating suggests people are OK with this - technically it seems semi-legal as you are buying one thing but getting the lp burn for free. Personally I won't buy from him again.

Edit - here is that listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONNY-SIMMONS-rumasuma...VQQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Eric

Kind of reminds me of how people used to "sell" their Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards tickets on eBay. The tickets were transferrable, but not to be sold (either by SWA's or eBay's policies, or both). So people would be auctioning a "Plain White Envelope" or "SWA Drink Coupons" and if you were the winner of the auction you would receive two SWA tickets as a "free gift".

i think this guy used to be a member of the old blue note board. he's got a great many listings that include cdrs in the deal. it's interesting that ebay allows these kinds of transactions, where you buy a legit cd and get a cdr as a "bonus." of course, it's the "bonus" cdr that the buyer really wants, as demonstrated by the fact that the seller advertises the "bonus" in the title rather than the legit cd, which is usually something you could buy for just a few dollars.

Edited by jazzshrink

Guest donald petersen

this isn't really too difficult to understand-the legit CDs are just cover for listing the CDRs. do you think anyone actually purchases the legit ones? you can contact the guy and say i see you have so and so and etcetera and he will then do a transaction with you off of ebay and you will get a crappily done LP burn...it seems pretty clear...i figured this out and bought some stuff but would never deal with him again...the LP burns were poorly done. not even tracked properly...