Miles Davis - Lift to the Scaffold remaster

monkboughtlunch

Miles Davis late 50s French soundtrack masterpiece is apparently being reissued on CD by Verve on Sept. 18.

Apparently they will put all the bonus tracks at the tail end of the original Lp sequence. This should me a major improvement as the current import CD published in the late 80s suffers from the poor sequencing decision of bunching all song takes together.

Edited by monkboughtlunch

I'm quite happy with the Fontana edition from the late 80's, and it includes a number of bonus tracks!

Yes, I have the Fontana edition too, and it presents the original LP first. That is indeed important. I love the soundtrack itself, but don't like listening through the multiple out takes for this one.

I think french Universal put out what seemed to be sort of a "definitive edition" (in their Anniversary or Heritage or whatever series of high-gloss digipacks, that series has great sound). Definitely no need for yet another version... (I myself also have the old Fontana CD so far, only).

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone actually pick this up yet? I've heard that there are just the original 10 tracks, no alternates. The listing at Amazon shows all 26 tracks, but a couple of reviews said there were only 10.

So what's the deal?:huh:

To answer my own question, I did see a copy of this, and there are indeed only the 10 cuts from the original soundtrack. No alternates or extra anything at the end.

Which comes to under 30 minutes of music on this CD. Seems like a big waste to not even include the extras at all. :rmad:

I guess we should be glad to see these titles get re-released, but I'm very disappointed in Verve. Again. <_<