MInor Sale at Concord Music Group

Unk

I actually got both snail- and e-mail on this today (no doubt stemming from last summers "Blow-Out").

Agreed. not a great deal, but I believe there's free shipping on orders above $50. I'm too lazy to calculate numbers, but this free shipping, coupled with the absence of sales tax (I live in NY State, so J&R charges me sales tax), seems to make the "deal" fairly competitive with J&R on orders just over $50.

In another thread, I pointed out that I was able to find 5 titles that are otherwise unable elsewhere, at least at a normal price. $3-$4 off list for OOP CDs and no shipping (over $50) is more than a mediocre sale. I should even shut up and get more OOP titles before you guys nab 'em, but I'm trying to cut down, and the 5 I got were among the ones I had most regretted.

How long this sale is going is anyone's guess. I may just call our friend Jackson and see what's up.

Bertrand.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently placed an order for 6 OJCs (to cop the free shipping). Noticed something interesting. When I purchased (a s**load of, in 2 orders) CDs from the Concord Blow-Out Sale last summer, the merchandise shipped from California. The current order shipped (yesterday) from Mansfield, Ohio. So the location of the corporate warehouse seems to have changed; good for me, as Fedex Ground to the East Coast is a lot faster.

I never spoke with Jackson, but wonder if he's still the action guy...