I was ROBBED!

Joe G

Wasn't all bad, though - got the tire fixed pretty quickly, and later had lunch with my parents, and a nice visit with Grandma.

Yes, when all is said and done, this is what I will choose to remember about that day and what will ultimately help me heal. :wub:

The headache for me is thinking about all of the details that need to be done like replacing all of my keys, getting a new car registration sticker since the one I just renewed was in my purse awaiting to be affixed to my license plate. Just getting into my house was a 3 hour ordeal; my spare key that I had made just prior to the trip didn't work--I didn't find that out until arriving home at 8:30 pm, and I just got into my house at midnight. The locksmith was having a difficult time picking the lock to my front door. :huh: Gee, the one time you want to break in easily... But those are just details that will get worked out in time.

The bigger picture is that we are safe and sound, at least physically. I'm feeling a little disconcerted, too, which is surprising to me since the break-in didn't happen here. I kinda don't want to go to sleep for some reason.

I'm most saddened about Joe losing his wedding bands; that was the most upsetting detail of the entire ordeal -- they're irreplaceable. I pray they will be recovered.

Thank you everyone for your concern and well wishes. It has been truly very helpful to read this thread. I appreciate every one of you more than you know. :)

... and yes, Joe, you will feel better once you get that handprint off the window!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't all bad, though - got the tire fixed pretty quickly, and later had lunch with my parents, and a nice visit with Grandma.

Yes, when all is said and done, this is what I will choose to remember about that day and what will ultimately help me heal. :wub:

Duh....I had no idea you were that Rachel!!! Color me stupid... :crazy:

hehe

I just clicked for me as well. :cool:

Wow, check that out! :lol:

The forum has been good to me. :)

Which leads me to wonder - did you two already know each other or did you "meet" through the forum? If its the latter, then I imagine that was an Organissimo board "first".

Cash....gotta be really clever with cash, like inside something that's inside something else that's underneath something that's in some place where nobody would even know is there.

The "Brief Safe" is an innovative diversion safe that can secure your cash, documents, and other small valuables from inquisitive eyes and thieving hands, both at home and when you're traveling. Items can be hidden right under their noses with these specially-designed briefs which contain a fly-accessed 4" x 10" secret compartment with Velcro closure and "special markings" on the lower rear portion. Leave the "Brief Safe" in plain view in your laundry basket or washing machine at home, or in your suitcase in a hotel room - even the most hardened burgler or most curious snoop will "skid" to a screeching halt as soon as they see them. (Wouldn't you?) Made in USA. One size. Color: white (and brown).

To add realistic smell, check out "Doo Drops". *

BriefSafe.jpg

*source

Uncle Skid should have been the one to post this......

:lol: That's just wacky..

Joe, this is such an unfortunate experience. Hopefully the cops will nab the lowlife. Problem is, even though doors and windows are locked, a determined thief will find a way to get in like breaking a window on the side of the house that faces away from neighbors and traffic .. Leaving a light on and installing motion sensitive floods might be a good idea.

I always hide my valuables in the freezer compartment of the fridge. Dumb crooks'd never think to look there.
Oh really?? What if the guy is taking a break from his task of thievery and decides he has a craving for ice cream or found your liquor bar and wants to have a cocktail on the rocks.. :rolleyes:

....old news here in Indy! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...