You just found a briefcase filled with $1M in $100 bills

It depends on where I found it. If I found it in a scruffy old suitcase half buried in the woods, I'd probably keep it and stash it in the bank for a while before doing anything with it.

If I found it at a subway station, I'd probably turn it in to the police. If no one claimed it after a certain period of time, it would belong to me. Knowing that a criminal wouldn't claim it from the police, but would likely wait until it had been awarded to me before coming after it, I'd keep the cash handy for a good long while just in case.

It depends on where I found it. If I found it in a scruffy old suitcase half buried in the woods, I'd probably keep it and stash it in the bank for a while before doing anything with it.

I expect the money laundering regulations would get you quickly enough.

We were thinking of this, back in 1963, just after the Great Train Robbery. Millions of dirty old notes, numbers not recorded, en route to the Bank of England for destruction, were lifted. They were all in sacks. And, a few days later, a few sacks were found in odd places. So there was naturally much idle chat about what you'd do if you found a sack.

The idea advocated by an older (and wiser?) colleague, to avoid it's being traced, was to hide it, and take some, placing 100 quid on a horse - a favourite. Double up each time you lost. Eventually, you'd win. Take winnings as a cheque, place apparently honest cheque from bookie in bank account. Repeat until sack empty and bank account full. Then stop gambling, before your bank account empty and bookie's full :)

MG

I'd keep it. Screw the little old lady who lost it, or the mob, or anyone else. For a mil, I'd take a chance.

[doorbell rings]

Joey the Suit: So! We's understand that youse got something of ours. Ain't that right Guido?

Guido, the knuckle dragger: Can I hit 'im now Boss?

I expect the money laundering regulations would get you quickly enough.

We were thinking of this, back in 1963, just after the Great Train Robbery. Millions of dirty old notes, numbers not recorded, en route to the Bank of England for destruction, were lifted. They were all in sacks. And, a few days later, a few sacks were found in odd places. So there was naturally much idle chat about what you'd do if you found a sack.

The idea advocated by an older (and wiser?) colleague, to avoid it's being traced, was to hide it, and take some, placing 100 quid on a horse - a favourite. Double up each time you lost. Eventually, you'd win. Take winnings as a cheque, place apparently honest cheque from bookie in bank account. Repeat until sack empty and bank account full. Then stop gambling, before your bank account empty and bookie's full :)

MG

C'mon MG, I'll do the laundry's job for ten per cent. Porque spending one year watching fucking horses.

scarface_the_world_is_yours_1.jpg

Edited by porcy62

...I'd probably keep it and stash it in the bank...

You're new at this, aren't you? :lol:

Hah! ... Guess so. ... Imagine standing in line at the bank clutching a moldy old suitcase with bills hanging out the side. ... Nothing suspicious going on here. ... And then pleading "finders keepers!!" when the manager and four security guards arrive to "help."

I like MG's idea ... you get to hang out at the race track for a while. I guess the logical thing to do is fly straight to Vegas then?

C'mon MG, I'll do the laundry's job for ten per cent. Porque spending one year watching fucking horses.

You gotta remember, Porcy, that this was based on 1963 technology :D

MG

MG, you don't listen to the suggestions of Organissimo's Family, the Family loves you

donhands.jpg

Why watching every morning one head of dead horse in your bed?