I came across this ...

So Chris, how was 1959-60 for ya? ;)

And I've always wondered about this sort of thing - does the priest actually mention every single name, or do they say something like "everyone listed in this here book"? Could really make that mass take forever if they get enough people signed up.

Edited by Dan Gould

I really didn't think that I'd contribute to this thread, but just discovered a way cool thing in my abode - something I had no idea existed. You see, I've been slowly making progress transferring recent (as in, over the summer) LP purchases to CD, and next up in the queue was a Pablo release I'd never seen on CD - Patcha, Patcha, All Night Long - Joe Turner Meets Jimmy Witherspoon. There wasn't even an inner sleeve included, but it looked in good shape, and Lee Allen and Red Holloway play sax, and even if Joe and Spoon didn't have much left at that point, the price couldn't be beat at $4.

So I slip this one on the turntable, only this time, something fell out of the jacket:

post-42-1194990620.jpg

Now I own two different artists autographs - a Gene Harris and now a Jimmy Witherspoon. :g

• 4 months later...

It's just a 3-room apartment, but I have 4 closets and most of this is from one of them.

Yes, 25 years ago, when Procol Harum's Grand Hotel album was released, Warner Bros. threw the grandest album release party I have ever attended (and I attended many). It was at the Plaza, a dinner with music and entertainment. What you see is a small travel kit containing sundry items, including a shoeshine cloth, matches, etc.

The party was written up in the New Yorker's April 14, 1973 issue:

ProcolHarum-NYer41473.jpg

Edited by Christiern

I've moved too many times in the past 12 years to have accumulated that much. 7 different addresses, with a purge of things at every move.

The things I've kept are things that I want to keep, and have gone through things often enough that there's not much that surprises me.

Going through things at my mother's home is a different story though. Usually find things from my childhood that I'd completely forgotten about - stamp & coin collections, old magazines, Japanese toys from the early/mid 70's, etc.

I have lived in this apartment for 45 years, I guess that accounts for the accumulation--oh, when I think of all the things I threw out over those years!

We lived in our previous flat for 31 years before moving here a couple of years ago. Good God, the stuff we turfed out!

The funny thing is, we moved from a two bedroom flat to a four bedroom house and had to buy hardly any furniture - and we've got a garage full of stuff! :crazy:

MG