Today, I said good-bye to my Shadow

Tim McG

Sorry to hear of your loss, Tim. I lost 2 Doberman's, Mingus and Bessie, a few years back and went through a lot when Mingus slowly died from cancer and I was making regular trips to the animal hospital. I think you should consider getting another cat.

Sorry to hear of your loss, GS, I've been though it myself and know what a terrible feeling it is.

Chris, did you ever get yourself another pet?

When, after Mingus's 3rd operation, the animal medical center informed me that he would not live much longer, I acquired Bessie. When Bessie died after being hit by a car (my neighbor's son let her off the leash on the wrong side of the street), I decided not to get another dog. I used to take care of Toshiko's dog when she was on tour, but he died of a stroke while in my custody. I wish I had the energy and patience to go through the training and walking that dogs require, but....

When, after Mingus's 3rd operation, the animal medical center informed me that he would not live much longer, I acquired Bessie. When Bessie died after being hit by a car (my neighbor's son let her off the leash on the wrong side of the street), I decided not to get another dog. I used to take care of Toshiko's dog when she was on tour, but he died of a stroke while in my custody. I wish I had the energy and patience to go through the training and walking that dogs require, but....

Sorry to hear about all that.