Australian Open Tennis 2008

If its Maria Sharapova on the court, I don't care if its an old match - I'll watch. :wub:

But in general I watch for both the excitement of the competition and the shot-making skills, so I have no problem watching the Men's final knowing the result in advance.

I think Wimbledon is pretty easy to watch live in the states - at least on the east coast. Tougher out west when Breakfast at Wimbledon starts at 6 AM.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

OK, I feel like I'm dominating the 'What are you Watching' thread and feel like all tennis should be redirected here :lol: So I know some of you know the outcome of the Verdasco v. Nadal match so don't say anything yet, since I DVR'd it and I'm watching it as it unfolds, so give me a few hours ^_^ . Anyway, its nice to see Roger in good form again and in position to tie Pete for 14 grand slam titles. At least he surpassed him in money earned :cool:

OK, I feel like I'm dominating the 'What are you Watching' thread and feel like all tennis should be redirected here :lol: So I know some of you know the outcome of the Verdasco v. Nadal match so don't say anything yet, since I DVR'd it and I'm watching it as it unfolds, so give me a few hours ^_^ . Anyway, its nice to see Roger in good form again and in position to tie Pete for 14 grand slam titles. At least he surpassed him in money earned :cool:

You say you DVR'd it? I'm not saying a word then.

Ok, ok, I cheated and see that Nadal won, so back to business: NADAL V. FEDERER !!! :excited::excited::excited:

Dude, you've got to go back and watch it; no way the final will be this good! (Hopefully I'll have to eat those words, but I don't see how...) Verdasco may have lost, but he proved that he belonged on the big stage. If he doesn't get more chances at a major title I'll be shocked.

On the other hand, I'm never impressed with someone who has to look to their box between every point. Verdasco really needs to trade faces and shouts with his coach to get pumped up? One would think that being in the semifinals of a major would be enough...

Edited by Jazzmoose

Ok guys, I will. I DVR-d it so I have it saved and I will go back and watch where you guys suggested. My wife, who's a Nadal fan, just wanted the bottom line, so I looked ahead to tell her who won. But I watched the first two sets and I was raelly impressed with how well Verdasco was playing. I'm think he may make it the top ten if he keeps playing at this caliber.

Edited by Holy Ghost

You say you DVR'd it? I'm not saying a word then.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Holy Ghost

Just finished the Serina v. Safina match and Serina blasted Safina in the first set. Its nice to see that she's focusing on her game and that she successfully defended her title-10 grand slam titles now! That's pretty impressive. This is Safina's second grand slam final appearance and I'm impressed, but she needs some more experience under her belt in order to have a better showing under the big lights, but I think she will be a formidible talent in the future.

Going to try and stay up and watch the Fed v. Nadal match at 3:30 am-I'm really looking forward to this one! :excited: