2008 New Orleans Jazzfest lineup announced

GA Russell

Lots of non-jazz entertainers, of course. Very few New York jazz people. Lots of local musicians.

I'd like to see Roy Head!

If you have never gone, I highly recommend it. No need to hear any non-jazz acts that don't appeal to you. And the food is great!

http://www.nojazzfest.com/index.php?http%3...f_pr_012408.php

They ought to call in the "Heritage and a Little Jazz" Festival. Not one jazz artist in the first ten names mentioned, pretty sad.

When I was attending Tulane during the 1970s, there were artists like Charles Mingus, McCoy Tyner and Eubie Blake taking part.

Give me Monterey any day over this commercial, uninspired lineup at Jazzfest.

Terence Blanchard with the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra

This alone might be worth it. He'll certainly be doing material from "God's Will." And the Preservation Hall Jazz Band would be fun to hear. Also, apparently there are "thousands more" musicians scheduled to appear that they're not mentioning. Wow! The focus must be on big bands. ... Really big.

Folks, this festival almost went under again a few years ago (no pun intended). I agree Tim McGraw is the last performer, among others, I would want to see there but he will draw a crowd who will buy tickets, drink beer and eat food. They have to do what they have to do to survive. Anyone who's been knows the real action is in the clubs at night

Edited by mr jazz