Hilly Italy

Well, I admit that my syster and my nephews are among the promoters of this, as well as the designers of the website. (so no harsh comment, you know that for every italians the Family is sacred)

al_pacino_godfather.jpg

But I thought that maybe some of the smarter travellers of the forum might be interested, after a dinner in Rome of course, menu: pure italian cuisine, great italian wines and plenty of jazz (I'll be the chef and the DJ as the same time ;) )

If the moderators think that it's an illicit advertising, no problem.

http://www.hillyitaly.eu/index.php

Well, I admit that my syster and my nephews are among the promoters of this, as well as the designers of the website. (so no harsh comment, you know that for every italians the Family is sacred)

al_pacino_godfather.jpg

But I thought that maybe some of the smarter travellers of the forum might be interested, after a dinner in Rome of course, menu: pure italian cuisine, great italian wines and plenty of jazz (I'll be the chef and the DJ as the same time ;) )

very interesting website but i was having problems with some of the categories. it most definitely looks interesting though.

al_pacino_godfather.jpg

very interesting website but i was having problems with some of the categories. it most definitely looks interesting though.

Thanks Valerie! :)

In wich sense did you have problems? Any help for improving the website will be welcome.

Impressive website, Porcy!

I've visited Italy a number of times, but never in the B&B style. It looks like it would be wonderful.

Indeed, like a lot of countries, one tends to be misleaded by the usual and most famous and common stuff. There is a hidden Italy that is marvellous and untouched by mass tourism. The best way to enjoy this Italy would be rent a motorbike in late sping or early autumn. Plenty of nice places, short distances among them. And great and funny road in the nature. I never get tyred to visit my own country in the long week ends.

And you never tasted my syster's homemade jams and cookies :excited:

Very nice site Porcy. I've never been to Italy but this looks a seriously good way.

Two points. Your family needs to police the B&B links. There's a place in Tuscany which has very cheap prices - it's a 2002 price list! Gives a poor impression.

Second, personally, I'd find it helpful if there was something to indicate how easy it is to get around an area using public transport (I don't drive).

MG

Very nice site Porcy. I've never been to Italy but this looks a seriously good way.

Two points. Your family needs to police the B&B links. There's a place in Tuscany which has very cheap prices - it's a 2002 price list! Gives a poor impression.

Second, personally, I'd find it helpful if there was something to indicate how easy it is to get around an area using public transport (I don't drive).

MG

Thanks MG for the suggestions I'll pass them to my family.

did they pay for the german translation? (the text is perfectly ok (maybe even charming) but there are small mistakes in many sentences so if they paid something i'd be glad to make a list for a complaint :) )

the only hilly italy i've seen is south tyrol and i love it, another non-driver here, MG's suggestion concerning public transportation seems like a really good idea, for me this is often the most difficult part in planning a journey

did they pay for the german translation? (the text is perfectly ok (maybe even charming) but there are small mistakes in many sentences so if they paid something i'd be glad to make a list for a complaint :) )

the only hilly italy i've seen is south tyrol and i love it, another non-driver here, MG's suggestion concerning public transportation seems like a really good idea, for me this is often the most difficult part in planning a journey

Thanks. I already passed the complain about public transport.

Actually I don't know if they paid for translation, knowing my sister I doubt it. :rolleyes:

I'll pass also your remark.

Thanks.

Edited by porcy62

Thanks. I already passed the complain about public transport.

Actually I don't know if they paid for translation, knowing my sister I doubt it. :rolleyes:

I'll pass also your remark.

Thanks.

if they didn't pay, don't pass it, it's really ok, it's just an awkward level of language proficiency a bit too good for a computer program or most foreigners but too bad to be commercial I'd say...

nice site!

Edited by Niko

al_pacino_godfather.jpg

Sign me up! This is my dream trip.

al_pacino_godfather.jpg

Thanks Valerie! :)

In wich sense did you have problems? Any help for improving the website will be welcome.

one example of the problems i encountered was when i click on one of the headings (like "Special Offers"), nothing changes. it stays at the same page.

Edited by ValerieB

Many, many thanks to everybody for the great responses.

Much appreciated. :)

MG,

about the weather, it's a little difficult, it depends on where you want to go. Global warming a part, lately we had usually warm and sunny falls, but in some regions, like north Italy can be rainy, I mean, not rainy like in Wales, but more rainy then South Spain.