Jazz or non-jazz photos

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and small Queequegs last fall. i can still smell it.

Where is that? Gloucester?

locals call it "stinky beach" in Manchester and that was long before the sei whale washed up. the aquarium came up and towed it out to sea.

Nice to think there's a Manchester with a beach!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

me and small Queequegs last fall. i can still smell it.

Where is that? Gloucester?

locals call it "stinky beach" in Manchester and that was long before the sei whale washed up. the aquarium came up and towed it out to sea.

Nice to think there's a Manchester with a beach!

there's a part that is actually called Manchester by the Sea. it's quite beautiful with gorgeous estates.

The Toigos lived next door (he became a very successful ad exec (head of Lennen & Newell) with their two sons. One weekend, when we all went to Manhattan to take in a movie, the families got together and hired a gardner to cut a foot off the top of the hedge that separated the two properties. We returned to find that he had, instead, cut it down to a foot. I was glad to see that it has grown back, but it could use a slight trim!

66BeechknollRd-3.jpg

Amazingly, I also found intact the first house (11527 Union Turnpike) I lived in when we came to the U.S. in 1941. The garage was not there 67 years ago.

115-27UnionTurnpike.jpg

looks like you've been blessed with great abodes for many decades. your view now is probably worth ten times what you pay for it, right?

• 5 months later...

Found this in my backyard this evening. I couldn't get much good light on it, but managed to hold a flashlight in one hand and the camera in the other. A little online sleuthing later, and I think I've identified it as an "araneus diadematus", or cross-back spider. This particular one's body alone is about 1.5", not counting the legs. It's huge!

dsc01143tr9.jpg

Closeup:

crossbackspidercloseupcs0.jpg

Edited by Aggie87