Question on which to keep/which to sell?

dsockel

With the dollar at an all time low to other currencies, I am debating what to do with some of my duplicate records.

A) I have some Blue Note NY USAs. Specifically, if you had one copy that was a solid VG+ but didn't have the "ear" and another copy that was a VG+ with more surface crackles and pops, but had the ear, which would you sell?

B) How about the same question for Riverside Small Labels v. Large Labels?

C) For a Prestige, I assume that a Yellow 50th Street is significantly better than any Yellow Bergenfield NJ?

D) Impulse Orange v. Impulse Red? I assume that Orange is always much better regardless of sound quality?

Other thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Edited by DaveS

Except for very very rare items, condition is always more important than ears, deep grooves etc...

Regarding Riverside, there are so many sound difference between records, that i suggest you to keep the best sounding you have. Moreover, large label and small label are always a confusing way to determinate an original or repress.... -_-

Do you want to collects only original first pressings ? or do you want to have vintage pressing to listen to...that is the question. I have not yet found the answer... :huh: