Sexiest Music Videos

it's all about the hats....!!! ;)

http://www.villagehatshop.com/

Thanks for that link, clave!

Last week at BJ's I saw a Boston Patriot hat. Maybe the next time I go there I'll pick it up. The card attached to the hat said "NFL Classics". Of course, the Patriots were an AFL team. One problem - the hat is navy blue. The main color of the Patriots was red.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously -

1 - this thread is gender neutral and any video that one considers "sexy" can be posted.

2 - the thread has a "caution- mature content" warning it it's title - so anyone who either objects to seeing this topic or who may be offended can avoid this thread.

3 - the thread is music related and this is a music forum.

4 - this thread is not in anybody's face or personal space and does not go out of its way to offend.

5 - a lot of people (male, female, etc.) like to see sexy music videos - hence the success of MTV, youtube etc.

6 - this forum is supposed to be fun - don't spoil the party. If you are not having fun, go to another thread - there are plenty of them here and i say this politely and without animus.

:)

Last week at BJ's I saw a Boston Patriot hat. Maybe the next time I go there I'll pick it up. The card attached to the hat said "NFL Classics". Of course, the Patriots were an AFL team. One problem - the hat is navy blue. The main color of the Patriots was red.

This the one? I'd thought about springing for one as well....never did like the new logo.

tbpatsstructuredhatnavy.JPG

seriously -

1 - this thread is gender neutral and any video that one considers "sexy" can be posted.

That may be "technically" correct, but I don't think think thread is "gender neutral" by any means -- it's a "boys club" thread, just like the old "Babe Thread".

Aggie's got it right, as usual.

(and for the record, I did make a few posts to the old "babe thread"... and although it's a totally weak argument, I'll submit that most, if not all, the posts I made were all of women over 30, whom I admire for many reasons in addition to their physical appearance.)

This the one? I'd thought about springing for one as well....never did like the new logo.

That's it SoW! $12.99 at BJ's. The adjustable strap in the back says "Patriots".

I too have never liked the new uniform, including the Elvis logo. But since they won the Super Bowl with it, I don't expect that they will ever go back to what I am nostalgic for.

By the way, BJ's also has a second hat that is a little lighter weight. It is basically a lighter shade of blue, with the front panel being white. Same Pat the Patriot logo.

In the spirit of being honest with myself, I have posted trombone-babe pics elsewhere on this board, so I'm as guilty as anyone else who's posted this sort of thing.

The posts were meant as sort of inside jokes to specific other board members, but reflecting back after this thread, I can see how it might come across to others, so I want to apologize for contributing to some of the "boys club" mentality here myself.

I want to apologize to everybody in the universe for being normal and for any offense that any action of mine that might have resulted from that might have caused at any point in the time-space continuum.

I promise to henceforth attempt with all due diligence to be as non-offensive to everybody everywhere.

I'll be in my room if you need me. But if you do, I can't guarantee anything, ok?

I want to apologize to everybody in the universe for being normal and for any offense that any action of mine that might have resulted from that might have caused at any point in the time-space continuum.

I promise to henceforth attempt with all due diligence to be as non-offensive to everybody everywhere.

I'll be in my room if you need me. But if you do, I can't guarantee anything, ok?

My apology was because I took a stand about something, and then realized I needed to be consistent about what I was defending. But feel free to make fun of it anyway.

And as was expressed to me in a private message this evening, a joke here and there, or an occasional comment is probably not that big a deal in the bigger picture, and is probably normal. Most people probably understand that.

But threads that objectify women don't really help promote healthy discussion. If only one female is bothered by them (and it's clear that at least one has been), then it's an uncomfortable environment.

And I'm not accusing you (Jim) of being sexist, personally. But we do have board members that have caused *other* boards to be shut down due to offensive sexist comments (BNBB anyone?). So not everyone is as evolved as you.

Edited by Aggie87

From my upcoming best-seller Men Are Self-Absorbed Assholes, Women Are Psychotic Bitches:

I really love how "sensitive guys" come on with all this "hey, I'm sorry, I'm not really like that" bullshit.

OF COURSE YOU ARE.

AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

The only reason you got to "apologize" is because you haven't learned how to fully separate your mating behavior from your social behavior in your mind. You can't yet see a beautiful, sexy woman without thinking how much you'd like to break it off up in that (oooh, now THAT'S an image of pleasure if ever there was one!) That takes actual...self-awareness & self-confrontation &...REALITY CHECKS. Guys tend to shy away from those things, lacking in immediate gratification as they are.

And women, being every bit as adept at spotting bullshit as they are at creating it, will seize upon the insecurity you create within yourself by lying to yourself and get you to thinking that having sexual feeling that aren't "buried" or something is "potentially offensive". Well hey - EVERYTHING about life is potentially offensive. So why not choose reality?

Women try to get men to think that they've got two choices in this world - to be either a "good man" or a "bad boy". And that, dear friends of all genders, is an absolute, total pure-d (no I don't know what that means) bullshit of a LIE. You can (and should) be both. And more. Because life is all about being situational and constant at the same time.

These "sensitivity classes" allegedly teach "mutual respect" & "tolerance", but they're always about "you - don't do this". Anybody else see an imbalance to the "mutual" part in that? No? Ok, thanks for coming, drive carefully.

In this world, this life, this...existence, the battle is between those who want to control others and those who want to control themselves. The latter task is a lot tougher, and all kinds of bullshit rationalizations are made to justify what is really laziness instead of the pursuit of self-awareness & self-control. But the former task is a game that is lost before it even gets played, because the object is negation of free will, powers of discernment, and limiting how & what pleases us - and who gets to deliver it.

"Sexy" is freakin' WONDERFUL. Lasciviousness (outside of an intimate relationship) is not. The mandate should be to confront the difference in order to better learn it, not to avoid it in order to avoid "offense". One course results in growth (which is never 100% "pretty"), the other is "safe" but ultimately stifling and moves us nowhere but deeper into the same old rut.

So not everyone is as evolved as you.

Well, allowing for the distinct possibility that that is a good thing... :g How the hell are people going to evolve without being active?

Sorry, but I don't call living by a laundry list of "potentially offensive" behaviors evolving. I call it copping out.

I'm "like that". I freely admit it. Intelligent women understand it.

It still does not excuse the boys club mentality we have here, on occasion.

No, but "enjoying sexy" & "boys club mentality" are not the same thing.

Now, if you want to talk about a way to have the former without the latter (and why can't/shouldn't it be done?), I'm all for that.

But if you posit the possibilities as either/or, sorry, I can't go there.

My apology was because I took a stand about something, and then realized I needed to be consistent about what I was defending. But feel free to make fun of it anyway.

And as was expressed to me in a private message this evening, a joke here and there, or an occasional comment is probably not that big a deal in the bigger picture, and is probably normal. Most people probably understand that.

But threads that objectify women don't really help promote healthy discussion. If only one female is bothered by them (and it's clear that at least one has been), then it's an uncomfortable environment.

And I'm not accusing you (Jim) of being sexist, personally. But we do have board members that have caused *other* boards to be shut down due to offensive sexist comments (BNBB anyone?). So not everyone is as evolved as you.

I do appreciate your comments, and actually have been known to to enjoy the occasional joke ;). (Even the trombone gals, who showed up on a thread welcoming some of us former AAJers - am an ex-band instrument rental person, so they reminded me of a Conn ad gone slightly haywire.)

As for Jim, I think he must be upset about my hat link - could it be the Pat the Patriot logo, d'ye think? :rolleyes: (FWIW, I have to agree with those who think Pat was better than their current logo. ;))

Edited by seeline

seriously -

2 - the thread has a "caution- mature content" warning it it's title - so anyone who either objects to seeing this topic or who may be offended can avoid this thread.

3 - the thread is music related and this is a music forum.

4 - this thread is not in anybody's face or personal space and does not go out of its way to offend.

5 - a lot of people (male, female, etc.) like to see sexy music videos - hence the success of MTV, youtube etc.

6 - this forum is supposed to be fun - don't spoil the party. If you are not having fun, go to another thread - there are plenty of them here and i say this politely and without animus.

:)

That's it SoW! $12.99 at BJ's. The adjustable strap in the back says "Patriots".

I too have never liked the new uniform, including the Elvis logo. But since they won the Super Bowl with it, I don't expect that they will ever go back to what I am nostalgic for.

By the way, BJ's also has a second hat that is a little lighter weight. It is basically a lighter shade of blue, with the front panel being white. Same Pat the Patriot logo.

Now here's the one you (we!) want! :cool: $16 at http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

PatriotsThrowbackRedCap.JPG