MLB 2008

Question: If it's Dodgers vs. BoSox in the World Series, will Manny get a ring and winner's share regardless of who wins?

Yes , he will !

I thought so, too. The players vote on winner's shares, so I guess it's possible they could cut him out. But the ring, I did wonder if he was entitled regardless of what anyone in the Red Sox organization might think about it. And I can't imaging the players not voting him a share. That would establish a bad precedent, I'd think.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question: If it's Dodgers vs. BoSox in the World Series, will Manny get a ring and winner's share regardless of who wins?

Yes , he will !

I thought so, too. The players vote on winner's shares, so I guess it's possible they could cut him out. But the ring, I did wonder if he was entitled regardless of what anyone in the Red Sox organization might think about it. And I can't imaging the players not voting him a share. That would establish a bad precedent, I'd think.

Quitting on your team and getting rewarded with a bigger contract and a WS share from the team you quit on...that would establish a bad precedent as well! :bad: But, you are probably right, they would vote him a share and give him a ring. "Hey Manny, hows it going??? Just wanted to give you a ring...talk to you later! " :D

Yes , he will !

I believe he would get the ring, but the team is under no obligation to provide one. I remember they gave Nomar one in '04, but he didn't want it. I'm sure the Sox would give him one, but not because they are REQUIRED to.

Nice start by Garza. With recent efforts by Beckett and Lester, tough to be confident in Beantown. Comes down to high variance Wakefield (tremendously good or tremendously not good).

Odd to hear Skip Caray try to use "despite" and "in spite of" as opposites. I always thought they meant the same thing. ...Or maybe not so odd.

My prediction: by 9:45 PM tomorrow, it will be all over but the shouting. 9-3 final. 3-1 deficit.

5-4 loss by Dice-K on Thursday. Or maybe a 5-4 win, followed by an embarrassing loss at Tampa in Game 6.

It is OV-AH!

And my new motto is :

ANYONE BUT THE RAYS

they think they are hot shit and their fans are arrogant fuckers (Paps excluded). I'll even cheer if Manny its who gets to be the turd in their punch bowl.

Man, how about those Phillies??? I thought the Dodgers had this game wrapped up with that 5-3 lead, but two 2 run homers later, it was the Phillies up 3-1 in the series. Got to feel good for an old timer like Matt Stairs to get the biggest homer of his career at the age of 40!

Man, how about those Phillies??? I thought the Dodgers had this game wrapped up with that 5-3 lead, but two 2 run homers later, it was the Phillies up 3-1 in the series. Got to feel good for an old timer like Matt Stairs to get the biggest homer of his career at the age of 40!

"Not that I don't feel like I'm part of the team, but when you get that nice celebration coming in the dugout and you're getting your ass hammered by guys, there's no better feeling than to have that done." :blink:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_updat...A_Win_Away.html

And my new motto is :

ANYONE BUT THE RAYS

they think they are hot shit and their fans are arrogant fuckers (Paps excluded).

Who says irony is dead? ;):P:w

Any arrogance from the side of Red Sox fans had a basis in reality, that reality being the most successful team of the decade. The arrogance coming from Rays fans is based on a single season in which they've, by way of a couple of fluke victories, won anything only once.

And yeah, Keith, I guess there's a chance they win tonight, on the theory of the same "reverse lock" that made the Rays whip Lester last night. But really, Wakefield off of two weeks rest against a team that no longer has any doubts whatsoever, and facing a piece of shit pitcher who the noodle bats couldn't touch when they were going good?

I need some of the shit you're smoking.

To quote George Hamilton in LOVE AT FIRST BITE: "I do not, smoke, shit."

It's called reality and not jumping off the bridge at the drop of a dime. I'm guessing you're not a chess player. I can just see you wailing away incoherently at the first loss of a pawn.

Get a grip, dude.

And my new motto is :

ANYONE BUT THE RAYS

they think they are hot shit and their fans are arrogant fuckers (Paps excluded).

Any arrogance from the side of Red Sox fans had a basis in reality, that reality being the most successful team of the decade. The arrogance coming from Rays fans is based on a single season in which they've, by way of a couple of fluke victories, won anything only once.

Oh for crying out loud. (Or just crying.) They've never won in their history, they have every right to have fun with it. And at least way out here on the West Coast I've heard nor read nothing about Rays fans that approaches the whining know-it-all "aren't we so wonderful" fucked up arrogance of the bandwagon Red Sox "Nation." To see the perfect Patriots lose a Super Bowl in such heart-breaking fashion followed by their post-Brady fall, and now to see a Tampa team that has done it right by building on homegrown talent and a terrific trade all while on a budget...well, it just doesn't get any better. :)

GO RAYS! (And as long as your team doesn't go to Timlin, you're still in the thing.)

And my new motto is :

ANYONE BUT THE RAYS

Any arrogance from the side of Red Sox fans had a basis in reality, that reality being the most successful team of the decade.

Okay, but what about all those years leading up to the first WS win in 84 years? <_<