And you thought eBay was crazy????

dsockel

I was looking to buy some records here locally and put out a "wanted" ad.

Some one replied indicating that they had some Miles, Trane, Monk for sale. So far, so good. I inquired about the condition, age, etc. This is the reply I received:

"Before we waste each other's time. I would like to let you know personally that they are in excellent condition,original cover art. They have been cleaned thoroughly and played 3 days ago. They are excellent condition you would not need to come over just to look and then don't have a price set out front for your intended purchasing.I will definitely not let the milestones-miles davis album go for anything less than $1000. It is no longer in print. This copy I have is excellent condition, original cover art. I could play it for you over the phone let you hear the clarity. All the grover washington jr. albums are in original plastic wrapping used and played no scratches and clarity I can agree to allow you to listen over the phone, they all will be selling for $800.00 being the classic winelight up to $1000.

Thelonious Monk-Criss Cross, the original cover art, but it has a few tears on the vinyl cover, LP is in excellent playing condition no scratches, excellent clarity it will not go no less than $1500.00 it too is out of print. For the record I won't allow anyone to go into the studio to look at my collection only those I am willing to let go for a fair deal. Let me know if we can do business."

Needless to say, I thought $1,000 for Grover Washington's Limelight was a bit greedy. :rolleyes:

I would have told him that his prices are quite reasonable and that I'd be happy to bring a long a bank check to complete the transaction, once I have examined the records.

Then I would have met the guy, pawed through his collection, and then handed him the sealed envelope with his "payment". Inside would be a note regarding how much of an asshole/loser/fool he is. Then I'd laugh in his face and walk out. If he threatens me physically, I grab the nearest record that actually does retain some value and threaten to snap it over my knee.

Once upon a time, some dummies sold (us) gold at the price of s@@@@....

Now the next generation of dummies are intenting to sell s@@@@ at the price of gold !

How time passes... <_<

Anyway, it is not uncommon now that dummies are asking unreasonnable prices for very common records. IMO, this one has a mental case : how can you part with mastepieces like those Grover Washington, Jr albums ? :excited:

I would have told him that his prices are quite reasonable and that I'd be happy to bring a long a bank check to complete the transaction, once I have examined the records.

Then I would have met the guy, pawed through his collection, and then handed him the sealed envelope with his "payment". Inside would be a note regarding how much of an asshole/loser/fool he is. Then I'd laugh in his face and walk out. If he threatens me physically, I grab the nearest record that actually does retain some value and threaten to snap it over my knee.

Then shit on his chest and run away.

Then shit on his chest and run away.

Well I didn't want to be that obnoxious.

:g