Sports: 2008 NBA Playoffs

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo

tony parker is killing these foolzzz

That's not just your opinion - he DID kill them! 41 points, career high.

I think picking up the Big Cactus may have been a mistake - the whole team dynamic has changed, and they don't seem to play to their strengths as much. Stoudamire played well again, but got little help.

It's just silly. If the Pistons lose this series, I can't see how Saunders keeps his job. The guy obviously can't motivate his players or make in-game adjustments.

I'm always amazed that when a team plays badly - especially in the playoffs - that the coach gets the blame. Coaching may have something to do with it - making adjustments against a team seen every second or third night in a series - but the players are the ones who are on the court, and the ones who have to do it. If Wallace and McDyess play badly, they should bear the brunt of the responsibility, not the coach.

It's just silly. If the Pistons lose this series, I can't see how Saunders keeps his job. The guy obviously can't motivate his players or make in-game adjustments.

I'm always amazed that when a team plays badly - especially in the playoffs - that the coach gets the blame. Coaching may have something to do with it - making adjustments against a team seen every second or third night in a series - but the players are the ones who are on the court, and the ones who have to do it. If Wallace and McDyess play badly, they should bear the brunt of the responsibility, not the coach.

Because Flip obviously has no control over these guys. If a player is playing badly you either pull him or you get him to play better somehow, some way.

I see that Larry Brown is free again. :)

Because Flip obviously has no control over these guys. If a player is playing badly you either pull him or you get him to play better somehow, some way.

I see that Larry Brown is free again. :)

According to rumors, Larry's going back to coach the Knicks. :crazy::P

Something needs to be done with the hack a shaq rule

Should not be able to foul if the player is throwing the ball in bounds and doesn't step over the out of bounds line

Also the other team is in HAS mode and the daddy run into the stands can they follow him into the stands and foul him

Impossible to ref a game the daddy plays in

Sixers/Motown Oldies

What the hell happened in the 3rd quarter?? I turned the game off w/ the Sixers up by 14 w/ 3 minutes to go in the 2nd. By the time I'm done putting my son to bed I turn the TV back on and the Pistons are up by 8 in the 4th. WTF???

Something needs to be done with the hack a shaq rule

Should not be able to foul if the player is throwing the ball in bounds and doesn't step over the out of bounds line

Also the other team is in HAS mode and the daddy run into the stands can they follow him into the stands and foul him

Impossible to ref a game the daddy plays in

It wouldn't be an issue if Shaq could shoot FTs.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is. Avery Johnson is on the hot seat right now because the Mavs are pulling yet another gutless collapse (except Dirk, who is playing his heart out). Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not; depends on who you believe wanted the Kidd trade more: Avery or Cuban?

Personally, I think Avery wants out anyway. I think he's tired of Cuban trying to coach the team.

Its nice to see you give Dirk his props. He showed a lot of heart playing hurt and carrying the team on his back.

As for the the 76ers and Pistons I think its one of those match up problems, while the Pistons are the better team the 76ers have a few players that give them trouble. Its really up to Rasheed, if he can play motivated and control his emotions, if so they will go deep into the playoffs. I was pretty impressed with the way the 76ers finished the year and the mental toughness they showed, I think they are better then people expected.

Out West, Yes the Lakers are loaded but Denver is a train wreck and Melo needs to grow up, you think after last year he would have gotten a clue but what can you expect form somebody who sucker punches someone and runs away. If I was Denver I would get rid of him and George Carl.

The Mavs season is officially over. What's really sad about this last game is that they FINALLY showed some guts in the last three minutes of the game. A win was still in reach until Stackhouse had to commit that stupid technical which got his stupid loud-mouthed ass ejected.

Any trade value Stack had vaporized with that foul tonight. Gonna be an interesting off-season.