Damn you, CD Universe!

Soul Stream

Who would have guessed Omar was such a jazz nut! He seems like an unlikely candidate. Especially the really "out" stuff. He was the guy that really turned me on to all those Imuplse "New Thing" series....

Anyway, nice guy who I've seen in the jazz section at Tower almost more than anyone. Now if we can just get Dave to get more than 1 damn copy of these things!!!! :rolleyes:

Wondered why my Conns didn't come in the mail yet.  Checked my order, and they were all backordered.  Forget what I said about diggin' CD Universe.  It stinks. :rolleyes: \

6 to 9 days to get my stuff.  Damn you CD Universe!

Sorry about that Soul Stream. I'm sending speedy restock and shipping vibes your way. I received my package of all 6 today. I placed my order on 9/13. Do you know when you got yours in?

Could it be there are more of us out there than we know? Are we growing in number? Can we rise up and one day retake our rightful place at the top of the music world..... B)

Or are we just the poor forgotten minority who has to fight for the few scraps that the retailers see fit to throw us... :(

Edited by mgraham333

I just cancelled my order and went and spent 18 bucks a pop at Waterloo Records (your one stop, full price record store) here in town. Didn't pick them all up, but CD Universe might get the idea that they need to stock more immediately in the future. I sure won't gamble with them next time. Especially since they didn't even e-mail me to notify me that they had to be backordered.

I'm on back order too, but I'm gonna let it ride because I have all this stuff except the Hill on LP, and the wait for the Hill is the kind of musical foreplay that I really dig. My guess is that they underestimated the demand (well, they OBVIOUSLY underestimate the demand), but as far as I'm concerned, this is the strongest batch of Conns in quite a while. It's the first batch that I've actively bought in full since the first few runs. Throw in that Hill session, and mix in the snowball effect of forums such as this, and you got a recipie for something actually resembling genuine interest. How often does that happen with "real jazz" discs, much less an entire set of releases?

I am, however, a little irked that they didn't notify me of the order's status. That's kinda bush league.