Would you buy a cd from this lady

I'm a big Tom Waits fan, and I found her cover of "Falling Down" dull and unremarkable.

i have heard her version of "falling down" now and i have to agree: dull and unremarkable.

her voice is sexy but she can't sing ... but her singing is still the best part of this track. :mellow:

her voice is sexy but she can't sing ... but her singing is still the best part of this track. :mellow:

She's only 24, I have a feeling her singing will probably improve with age and more practice. But the production is terrible on that song, about as unflattering as I've heard.

I'm a big Tom Waits fan, and I found her cover of "Falling Down" dull and unremarkable.

i have heard her version of "falling down" now and i have to agree: dull and unremarkable.

Well it can't possibly be due to low lung capacity!

I think that is one of the sign of the decadence of today's music industry: I mean trying to exploit the fame of renowed actor/actress, even model like Carla Bruni, in order to sell few cds is depressing.

Nothing new. That's been going on for decades, if not centuries (well, not specifically the CD part).

I think that is one of the sign of the decadence of today's music industry: I mean trying to exploit the fame of renowed actor/actress, even model like Carla Bruni, in order to sell few cds is depressing.

Nothing new. That's been going on for decades, if not centuries (well, not specifically the CD part).

You're right, the depressing side is that you really need only a big breast to push the cd's selling.

scarlett-johansson.jpg

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/april/23J..._Yourself.shtml

Can't say that i have listened yet to the samples offered here, but there was an available track in the free cd offered by the french mag Les Inrockuptibles a few weeks ago, thought it was intriguing, then again i'm a sucker for actresses who put their voices to music.

So, what's the verdict ?

Don't think I'll buy the CD, unless it includes a life-size blow-up of the photo above.

By the way, do you think her choice to record "the Tom Waits Songbook" was focus-grouped by some panel of L.A. pseudo-hipsters? Maybe for an encore she could do a Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood tribute with, say, Joaquin Phoeinix?

scarlett-johansson.jpg

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/april/23J..._Yourself.shtml

Can't say that i have listened yet to the samples offered here, but there was an available track in the free cd offered by the french mag Les Inrockuptibles a few weeks ago, thought it was intriguing, then again i'm a sucker for actresses who put their voices to music.

So, what's the verdict ?

Don't think I'll buy the CD, unless it includes a life-size blow-up of the photo above.

By the way, do you think her choice to record "the Tom Waits Songbook" was focus-grouped by some panel of L.A. pseudo-hipsters? Maybe for an encore she could do a Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood tribute with, say, Joaquin Phoeinix?